Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Latest update 15th May

Due to the coronavirus outbreak we’re making some changes to the way we work

Keeping our people safe

The safety of our people is our number one priority, as they are key to keeping us all connected during the coronavirus outbreak. To protect their health and well-being we will be changing our contact centre opening hours to 8am – 8pm, to help maintain our service to you.

callcentre_photo.png

We know you’ll understand our call centre is very busy at this time, so please bear with us if it takes a little longer than usual to speak to us. There’s also lots of ways to get help online at My Account and our Plusnet Community.

You can also troubleshoot any issues with our Help and Support guides

Thanks for doing us proud and working with us during this challenging time.

Keeping you connected and in control

It’s quick and easy for you to manage your services online at My Account.

Here’s a quick reminder of everything you can do:

My Account (Broadband)

Here you can get access to your Broadband, phone and TV account, bills and tools. You can also renew or upgrade your current package.  Sign in

My Account (Mobile)

Here you can see your tariff, usage info, Smart Cap details, bolt on options and more. Sign in.

Plusnet Mobile App

Here you can check your mobile bills, view used data and control your spending on the go. Download app.

Help with bill payments

We know that the need to stay safe might mean some customers will face difficulties paying bills at the moment, especially those who run small businesses. If you get in touch we'll try and help make things easier to manage. Don’t worry if it takes a little longer to get through to us – calls to our customer service teams are free.

BT Sport - option to pause your payments

With the news that live sport is unlikely to return to our screens during May, we have extended the option for customers with BT Sport to pause their payment for a further month. All you need to do is fill in our online form.

You don’t need to call us. Just fill in the form and we’ll do the rest.

We’ll also extend this if there’s no live sport being broadcast on BT Sport in June. 

If you’ve already filled in the form you don’t need to do anything – we’ll pause your payment on your next bill.

In the meantime, you can still continue to watch BT Sport. There’s loads happening, including classic sport footage, award-winning films, documentaries and live weekend line-ups.

Openreach engineer/ installation appointments

Can I get a new home broadband connection at the moment?

Yes, we’re working hard to get all new connections up and running as soon as we can. If you don’t need a new phone line installing, then there should be no delays.

If you do need a new phone line which requires an engineer visit, you can choose an installation appointment date when you place your order.

Please bear in mind that the appointment calendar is provided by our partners at Openreach. This will only show the dates which they have available. Unfortunately, we’re unable to help you book a date if it’s not showing.

There’s a good range of appointments dates to choose from at the moment.

If an engineer needs to visit my home or premises what will happen?

A large amount of work can be completed outside without an engineer having to go into your property. If an engineer does need to enter your home or premises, they’ll do all they can to safeguard their visit and to follow social distancing guidelines.

To keep you and them safe, there’s a couple of steps which will take place.

Before the visit:

Openreach will send you a text message which will include a short video with three simple steps to follow before they visit. You’ll need to respond to the text to agree to the guidance. If you don’t respond, the engineer will try to contact you to run through the guidance.

On the day of the visit

The Openreach engineer will contact you to ask some screening questions to help them understand if there’s been any changes since you booked your appointment.

The engineer didn’t show up to install my new phone line. How do I book another appointment?

We’re sorry to hear that. Please give us a call, and we’ll do everything we can to sort a new installation date for you as soon as we can. Our call centres are busy at the moment, so it may take a little longer than usual to get through.

Broadband troubleshooter

If you’re having problems with your connection, before you contact us at this really busy time, we’d like you to help us. Please run some simple checks and follow the step-by-step guide in our broadband troubleshooter

For help with your home phone watch our video

Home moves

If you’re moving house and we’ve already arranged your installation appointment, there’s no need to contact us. We’ll be in touch if we need to make any changes.

To cancel your home move service it would really help us if you could give us as much notice as possible. Ideally at least two working days’. All you need to do is just give us a call. Bear in mind that our call centre will be busy, so you might need to wait longer than usual to speak to us. 

0 Comments