cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Christmas is coming early to Plusnet

Unlimited broadband. Christmas is coming early this year at Plusnet as next week we look to bring a bit of festive cheer to the party by launching a brand new portfolio of broadband products. That's not all though. The revamp will also see considerable improvements made to the overall look of our website, sales and sign-up journeys. Want to find out more? Then carry on reading ...

Truly Unlimited

On Wednesday 19th December, we'll be launching truly unlimited broadband. That's the same great value fibre and ADSL services you've come to expect without any download limits or fair usage policy. Just in time for Christmas 😉 Plusnet Unlimited will offer 'up to 16Mbps' speeds and unlimited usage with no throttling/speed limits from as little as £9.99/mnth. Prices for the 'up to 76Mbps' fibre equivalent will start from £19.99/mnth. For the less data hungry of you out there, we'll be retiring our current Value packages and replacing them with Plusnet Essentials and Essentials Fibre. With peak-time usage allowances of 10GB and 40GB respectively, prices start from just £5.99/mnth.

Award winning service

These changes ensure Plusnet remains one of the most competitive broadband providers in the market.  Not only this but Plusnet is Which? recommended and offers award winning, free phone, 24/7 UK customer support.

Hot gadgets

Highlighted by the rise of broadband enabled tech gadgets on Christmas lists this year, the demand for the internet is growing. It is predicted that UK consumers will spend up to £504 million on games consoles this Christmas all of which are broadband enabled. Smart TVs are also high on the agenda with over half (55%) of Brits connecting their TVs to their home broadband, with sales hitting £2.5 billion by Christmas.

Increased demand

Online streaming increased by 65% across our network over the past year, proving that more and more people are coming to depend on Internet-enabled devices for the consumption of rich media like catch-up TV and the latest blockbusters. Jamie Ford, our CEO said:

“We pride ourselves on offering value for money products, with a first class service. As new broadband-enabled devices continue to hit the market, we felt now was the right time to launch truly unlimited broadband products. “Customers’ internet habits have changed considerably over the last 12 months. People are using more bandwidth and services that demand faster speeds but at the same time, we know some people still want a broadband supply for limited day-to-day use at the best price point possible. We believe that our new Essentials and Unlimited products meet either demand.”

Listening to feedback

We recently surveyed a number of customers who helped trial our 76mbps Extra Fibre service prior to its launch http://community.plus.net/blog/2012/08/14/superfast-plusnet-fibre-gets-even-faster/ There were some interesting results, some of which include: o    90% said increased usage would make them recommend this product o    51% of triallists use the internet more as a result of up to 76Mb/s Fibre o    45% of triallists use their broadband connection more than five hours a day with up to 76Mb/s Fibre

Tell me more already!

Further details will be available on Wednesday morning when our new look website launches. In the meantime, feel free to ask any questions you may have over on the Community Site forums. The new products will be available from the 19th and existing customers will be able to upgrade via our website. What are you hoping to see from the new products or are you already happy with the product you're using? Let us know by leaving a comment below ...

0 Thanks
59 Comments
59 Comments
paxy
Grafter
My disappointment is that the exchange has been a 'market 2' for 18 months - i.e. it has met the criteria - Talk Talk are here and marketing heavily - but the paperwork is behind! No-one can tell me when it get's refreshed. The most helpful comment from plusnet was that I should complain to 'The Government'!!! hmmmmmm.......
banjodog
Not applicable
Slightly disappointed that having signed up for the unlimited offer I am told it will not take effect until my next billing period in mid January. So not exactly "Just in time for Christmas" as the promotional blurb stated.
bobpullen1
Not applicable
That's a process limitation unfortunately John. It's covered here - http://community.plus.net/unlimited-faq/#7
Peter17
Not applicable
@Bob P "we already offer installation below the Wholesale cost so the discount is kind of irrelevant." Not really. You currently charge (AFAIK) 49.99 for installation of a new phone line. Openreach is giving a discount of 50.00 (exc VAT?) for new simultaneous installs of phone line and FTTC 40 or 80 Mbps Seems to me that if PN is willing to offer installation below Wholesale then if the Wholesale cost drops a further 50 (and 40+VAT = cost you charge customers) then PN could offer FREE installations and have spent a little less on its discount (10+VAT). There must be many people moving every 6 months in the UK, so you could be offering "new landline and fibre broadband for FREE" as a slogan. The cost if they actually need a new landline is a touch below what it currently costs in the form of your below Wholesale +10+VAT, while if they have no need for an actual line, but take your phone rental, calls and fibre you already charge minimal amount for the setting up, so you have a nice marketing message and even if they do need a brand new phone line you can get Openreach to install it for free (to the customer). It then competes head on with rivals who will install a line for free (to provide calls and SLOWER broadband), but are also offering some TV channel package too (which some would not bother with if they felt fast broadband and FreeSat/ Freeview would be a better deal).
bobpullen1
Not applicable
Unless something's changed recently, the wholesale cost of a line provision is a *lot* more than £49.99 (that's the point I tried making). Neither do we/can we always place simultaneous provides for reasons I'll not elaborate on here. There are instances where we offer free phone installation but that's down to the discretion of our sales department.
Peter17
Not applicable
OK, I won't labour the point. Didn't know that there was a difficulty in requesting a simultaneous provide, when it came to new line and FTTC it would seem (as an outsider) to be a touch easier than when taking over a line or migrating the broadband. I know the wholesale fee is higher, and PN assist the customer with the cost, but with Openreach passing on a further saving to ISPs, hoped there was some way to make your fibre + new phone line product more attractive (to pinch some customers from cable, for example, as I'm sending one such customer your way sometime after Christmas, and was hoping she'd be getting an even nicer deal). Hope all at PlusNet have a well deserved break (albeit in stages no doubt, I know someone will 'man the fort'!). Happy Christmas, Bob, and all...
Steven1
Not applicable
I don't understand why Plusnet doesn't automatically change over all their existing customers to the new product after all the price of the new product is cheaper and the usage allowance has got up, in some case to unlimited? Unless there is a catch !! I am sure all exist customer could like to payless.
bobpullen1
Not applicable
@Web Dude, thanks, season's greetings to you too! :) @Steven, a product change often involves contracting for another 12 or 18 months. Something we can't really do without a customer's consent.
Walter_Falzon
Not applicable
I am not sure that this should be here, but I would like to give praise to an excellent Plusnet Support Team, who are second to none, when it comes to customers support, can't praise them enough, an excellent service, and a benchmark for others to follow!.