cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Christmas Photo Competition

Following the success of our summer holiday photo competition I thought we should try it all over again with a festive twist. I'm thinking of those really 'well decorated' houses with lots of flashing lights and a 6 ft Santa sat on the roof. Everyone knows what I'm talking about - the houses that must cost about £1m in electricity over Christmas time. There's always at least one in every neighbourhood and I wan't to see them all. So, the challenge is to go and get some photographic evidence of these beauties. The process will be the same as normal - I'll open a thread and you can upload photos for the next week. We'll then pick a top 10 and let you all vote on the overall winner. I've got 2 months free broadband and a copy of Assassins Creed (Xbox 360 or PS3) for the winner so get snapping! Enter a photo in the competition. View full terms and conditions.

0 Thanks
6 Comments
6 Comments
carrot631
Not applicable
Anyone who vitis Dallas over christmas will win this without a fight. When I lived there in the 80's the xmas tour for UK visitors took in displays so grotesque they would have a Woolworths manager cringing in embarrassment. A 20 foot plastic illuminated (and flashing) Santa, reindeer and sleigh suspended from an urban roof became almost passe. The Texans spiritual bretheren in London, the people of Canning Town, may lack the resources of their US counterparts, but they make up for it in enthusiasm.
James_H
Not applicable
Hmm - what about those of us of a PC persuasion. Not much point in a console game, unless you'll be kind enough to include a console too......
Strat
Community Veteran
Just read the T&C item 3. 3. The poll will run from 28th December 2007 until 4pm Friday 21st December. The winning entry will be announced after 9am on Wednesday 2nd January 2008. Is there something wrong there or is it me?
chrisc
Aspiring Pro
Fixed Smiley I must have missed that bit when I extended the competition.
Strat
Community Veteran
Glad about that. I thought Dr Who would be the only capable entrant. Wink
pierre_pierre
Grafter
am I missing something?, how does a person who occasionally visits the community area find A the competition B the gallery? I only found out in the Dec 27th newsletter thats a bit late to submit a photo