cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bee careful out there!

Bee careful out there!

Bee careful out there!

Bee swarm It's not every day that your office gets attacked by a swarm of killer bees! But today that's exactly what happened here at Plusnet Towers. OK, perhaps 'killer bees' is something of an exaggeration, but plenty of the furry fellas did take take it upon themselves to set up residence right outside our front door earlier this afternoon. It soon became talk of the office and it wasn't long before the smokers among us were using entering/exiting the building via the back door. Help was at hand though as an interesting story unfolded on Twitter ... Giles Searby, head of the Commercial Litigation team for Hill Dickinson, who we share some of our office space with, responded to a tweet made by local Sheffield company The Sheffield Honey Company, asking if they had any ideas on how to deal with our unusual visitors. It wasn't long before they responded, prompting Giles to send them a picture of the cheeky chappies in all their glory: Bee swarm Fast forward an hour or two and the bees were contained, basketed and awaiting collection: Captured bees A success story if ever there was one, I'm sure you'll agree. And all thanks to Twitter and our new found saviours The Sheffield Honey Company. I think Giles summed it up perfectly in his tweet here where he said:

"Drama @HillDickinson + @plusnet Sheffield sorted thanks to @SheffieldHoney. 4 tweets and half an hour from: pic.twitter.com/kirjiLU3"

So all that remains now is to say a big thankyou to both Giles and The Sheffield Honey Company from all of us here at Plusnet. I can sleep easy tonight knowing that I'm not going to be greeted by an angry swarm of insects tomorrow morning when I head to the office with my Starbucks in hand! Have you ever had a sticky encounter that you'd like to share with us? If so then feel free to share you story by leaving a comment below ...  

0 Thanks
11 Comments
11 Comments
Haleeigh
Not applicable
Shame nothing bad happened that would have been more interesting. And appropriate.
Kelly
Hero
Hey, that's mean 😕
Mike_Grice
Grafter
I'm covered in beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!
Mike_Grice
Grafter
Also reminded me of http://mikegrice.com/images/bees.gif
Roland
Not applicable
Wu-Tang.. Wu-Tang..
Truthteller
Not applicable
PLUSNET BEE- HIVE YOURSELVES?.
brightspark1
Grafter
I have a couple of bees showing interest outside of Mum's bedroom...that's all I need. Might have to invest in one of those fancy water pistols with a high powered jet!
Tristan
Not applicable
Swarming bees don't tend to be angy when they are all chock full of honey and homeless.
Jamie3
Not applicable
His honey is very good too! Mmmmm honey..
JOY
Not applicable
HELLO, YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY IT WAS VISIBLE, MY FRIENS WENT UP THE LOFT AND ONE FLEW PAST HIS HEAD, WE CLOSED THE LOFT DOOR ,IT WAS A SUNDAY ,AND WE WERE CHARDED £ 200 POUNDS FOR THE BEEBUSTER TO COME AND CHECK IF THEY HAD A BEEHIVE, HE FOUND NO HIVE, BUT A TINY HOLE IN OUR ROOF WHERE THEY CAME IN, HE SPRAYED SOME STUFF ,AND HOPEFULLY ,THE BEES WANT COME BACK..SO NO JOKES IF YOU HAVE A LOFT MAKE SURE ITS SAFE ,OR IT WILL COST YOU, HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY, GLAD NOBODY WAS STUNG,GOODBYE..
bobpullen1
Not applicable
The bees are back! - http://instagr.am/p/MGMyK9E1W-/