cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT's Vision of 360 as set-top box

Xbox 360 in deal with BT Vision? Bill Gates' last hurrah in yesterday's keynote speech at CES in Las Vegas has of course received plenty of coverage already. PC Pro judge it right in my opinion.. it does read like it was a bit of a disappointment for many. As an example, Vista is wholly responsible for my wanting to buy a Mac this year - and I know I'm not the only one. One interesting item though, also picked up by Engadget, is news that BT is looking to hook up with Microsoft to deliver IPTV to the Xbox 360.

Just in case you weren't reading along to our liveblog of Bill Gate's twelfth and final CES keynote - in which case, what were you doing? - we wanted to share some Xbox 360 IPTV news. Last year, Microsoft was talking up their IPTV initiative but when Fall '07 rolled around, there weren't any set-top Xboxen to be found. During last night 's keynote Robbie Bach, president of Microsoft's Entertainment & Devices Division, announced that British telecom giant BT Group would be the first "to provide that capability." But when will they provide it and in what markets? As always, answers as we get 'em, but in the meantime read the rest of the Microsoft keynote by clicking the read link. Source: Engadget
0 Thanks
14 Comments
14 Comments