cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 months free broadband for you and a friend. Our treat.

3 months free Sounds like a tempting offer, doesn't it? And it's really easy to get. Simply recommend a friend to Plusnet before 10th October and we'll give you a whopping 3 months broadband completely free. To sweeten the deal we'll give your friend 3 months free broadband too. Even better, you'll still get our normal referral discounts on your bill each month Pass on this special link to ensure you and your friend both get 3 months free broadband: plus.net/latest_offers/ Make sure you give your Plusnet username to your friend so you get your discount. When prompted, your friend will need to enter the special code 'refer3' to get their 3 months free. As ever, here's the legals for some fun bedtime reading: Referrers - peruse these terms at your leisure. Have a peek here for terms applying to new customers.

0 Thanks
24 Comments
24 Comments
Not applicable
[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Plusnet PLC and Simon Dux, Barry Roberts. Barry Roberts said: Anyone need a new ISP? These are mine---> RT @plusnet: 3 months free broadband for you and a friend. Our treat. http://bit.ly/9ax0ux [...]
TicnTac
Grafter
I'm not even going to comment on this - doh! I just did! So could someone tell me how 'I' would go about recommending Plusnet Broadband and Home phone to a friend? Please?
fronty1
Not applicable
How is this supposed to work then? I referred my Mum, she entered my username as prompted but there was nowhere to enter the "refer3" code. Now PlusNet are refusing to honour the 3 months free for her. We are both pretty disappointed and I am tempted to tell her to cancel. Can someone sort this out before she cancels? Paul
bobpullen1
Not applicable
What's your Mum's username Paul?
Lesley1
Not applicable
Bob, this is Paul's mum here. I am very disappointed with Plus.net after all the good reports both my ex and my son have given me about them. Can you do something to help? I did everything I was asked but nowhere on the internet form is there a space to place the 'refer3' despite my having an online conversation with one of their 'helpers'. My Plus.net username is eventua11y.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
HI Paul. I have just spoken to your mum. I explained that the reason it probably didn't apply during the sign up process was it wasn't done through the latest offers link. However, I have now rectified matters by having the discount applied to your mum's account and also to yours. Thanks, Jojo Smiley
fronty1
Not applicable
Ok, thanks for sorting this out. Can I just suggest in future that you don't use a "special" link for promotions like this, it's not very user friendly especially when you are trying to tell someone (i.e. my Mum) over the phone what to do. Also if you use the link or not, the landing page looks exactly the same, so when talking to my Mum over the phone I can't tell if she's clicked on the link or not. Just my 2p's worth and thanks again for sorting this out. Paul
Crofty
Grafter
Hi, Fantastic offer! I have referred a friend, and the referral shows in my members section. I have no idea how the 3 months free works, i cant see any reference to it on my members page. My friend 'petermurcott' cant see any reference to it either. His first payment has been taken. He used refer3 when signing up! Paul
bobpullen1
Not applicable
@Crofty's, your friend has been billed the set up fee and postage and packaging costs for the router. They have not been billed their first month's subscription. You won't get your three months free until the referred accoutn has been active for a month, as per the terms here - http://community.plus.net/3mths_free_referrals/
ann2
Not applicable
my boyfriend signed up for 3 months internet and free anytime calls but still got a bill for £120 bill got payed net is bk on but 48 hours later we are still wait for phone to be put back on i would like to know what we got for free cause we got billed for everything not very happy with plusnet
bobpullen1
Not applicable
Hi ann, don't suppose you know what your boyfriend's account username is?
ann2
Not applicable
all i know is his username is david w willason yet again he has been on phone to find out why phoneline not working bill got payed 3 days ago and things still not right he got told he would get 3 months internet free and free anytime phone calls but get billed £120 which has been payed very upset how plusnet are being
ann2
Not applicable
sorry its david w williamson all we keep getin told is it will be sorted in 24 hours thats like three days ago
ann2
Not applicable
omg things are geting better its not 24 hours we have to wait till monday or tuseday to have phone line back on thats a joke you pay your bill and you have to wait a week to be put back on not happy with plusnet one bit
Bruce471
Not applicable
Similar problem to fronty. My referral nealwadeson has signed up but there is no sign of the three months free.
TicnTac
Grafter
Was at a clients the other day, in their BT Business inbox was this Plusnet email - I guess Plusnet are trying to poach off their parent company? I informed them of my history with BT and Plusnet, they deleted the email 🙂
zoe
Not applicable
I think i just had the same problem as Lesley, i just joined the now and nowhere on the screen was there space to type in the 'refer3', my username is pmvz51, how can i get the offer to still apply?
bobpullen1
Not applicable
@zoe did you sign up from http://www.plus.net/latest_offers/ ? If you signed up from www.plus.net then there won't have been anywhere to enter the special code. @Bruce47, same thing may have happened in your case. Only way to get the offer to apply now is to raise a support ticket and ask for the discounts to be applied manually.
Seth
Not applicable
@Bob & co at the CSC: the /lastest_offers/ URL seems to be redirecting to the regular homepage. This might be the source of sign up problems?
John_Town
Not applicable
was thinking about signing up with plusnet but being put off by negatives views reminiscent of electricity4business, the con merchants who went bust
bobpullen1
Not applicable
@Seth, I think that's intentional. It's the cookie that your browser stores that's important.
udoh13
Dabbler
My friend who I will be recommeneding doesn't have any internet at the moment, how would we go about using this offer for them?
bobpullen1
Not applicable
@David Hatch, they could call our sales team. As long as they mention this offer and have your username to hand then the advisor should be able to sign them up over the phone. Failing that, they could always use your Internet connection?
Mehboob_Shah
Not applicable
I have just upgraded from an old product (Your Way Option 2) to 'Plusnet Extra' with phone. Now my mother has decided that she wants broadband at her home too. Given that my upgrade may take up to 5 days, will we both still be eligible for the free 3 months if she signs up now?