Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Ticket opened for potential phone fault

FIXED
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Support Ticket opened for potential phone fault

I reported a possible fault with my phone line this morning. The agent ran a test and I believe verbally reported that there was no fault detected. As I was at work I could not run through the recommended tests at the time, but I will be able to do so later today. Once I do, should I report back by replying to the support ticket that was generated, or phone in to Customer Support? Specifically, will my response via the support ticket get picked up, or will I need to phone in anyway to let Plusnet know I have responded?

As an aside, whilst I'm certain the agent confirmed no fault detected, the support ticket states

As per our conversation, I have done some initial tests at our end and i can can see a potential phone fault. Before we arrange an engineer we would like you to run some tests to rule out charges if the problem is caused by internal wiring or equipment.

Did the agent detect a potential fault or not?

My other car isn't a Ferrari
5 REPLIES 5
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Support Ticket opened for potential phone fault

Let me go take a look, I suspect they've just written the wrong info though.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

Testing your line shows No fault was found after automated testing. 

So as suspected they've used the wrong text, sorry about that. I've put the full text on there now, with some additional information that they really should have included.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
maranello
Pro

Thanks @Chris

Any thoughts on the first part of my post?

Chris
Legend

Fix

Sorry, meant to add that in. Just reply to the ticket and drop a response here too.

maranello
Pro

Thanks again @Chris

I'm not holding out much hope of a resolution, as the problem has only manifested itself for incoming calls reported to us by the caller, and I haven't been able to replicate the problem. It is possible that the problem existed temporarily, may not have been affecting our line solely, and has since been fixed. The caller tried to get hold of us earlier in the week but was getting service unavailable messages. We were expecting a call so rang them today as we hadn't had a call, which is when they informed us of the problem. They successfully called us back later. 

I'l try testing incoming calls using my mobile without changing the current configuration, and run the tests you have detailed if the problem recurs.

Marked as fixed as you have answered the main query which was about clarifying how best to respond to the support ticket