Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeat Problem

FIXED
John7591
Dabbler

Repeat Problem

Hi. Preceding both my phone and broadband being down for an entire week (major UK City not a remote outpost Smiley ) we lost the 1471 option and our dial tone alternated high and low, this was the week before last (22/06) and my services have only been back up since last Thursday (29/06), the problem has now  reoccurred a few moments ago. I have performed the usual checks and cannot believe this has happened once more (Openreach incompetence on the last occasion which took three engineers a week to fix!).

We have no other access to the outside world (online banking etc) that needs to be kept on top of of course. I can phone out and phone in - but the dial tone is 'broken' it seems and I want to pre-empt another major failure by raising the matter here. Broadband was also out for a few moments 20 minutes ago also, so I am expecting the worse case scenario to reoccur.

Plusnet advisors currently on a half hour wait time, so I'm not going that route after a dozen calls over the past week already.

tia, John

corrected typo Smiley

4 REPLIES 4
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Repeat Problem

Fix

I've attached a graph of your connection below.

image14993523154551

I'm assuming you turn your router off when you're not using it?

With regards to the dial tone being broken have you tried dialling 1571 to see if there's a message on Voicemail? This does present itself as a intermittent dial tone.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

You need to acquaint yourself with how 1471 v/mail  service functions before posting you have a fault;

exactly same alternating tone on BT's v/ mail service, when there's a message.

John7591
Dabbler

Thanks for taking the time to address my query Matthew, no further action required; I have been working all day all and not had time to monitor the connection but the phone seems stable now. Thanks once again.

J

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'll pass on your thanks to Matthew.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.