cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Questions:

tomxlisa
Grafter

Phone Questions:

I am moving over to plusnet next week, with the phone and broadband, but i have a question about the phone, i already have a phone number with sky at the moment but am thinking of getting a new one with plusnet, how do i go about this, do i just leave it and i will get a new one or do i have to request this, also are 0845/0870 numbers free as i cant find anything on the plusnet website regarding this?.
5 REPLIES 5
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Phone Questions:

Sky and TalkTalk are known to loose your number on transfer, but not always, the Digital Care PN  staff should pick this up tomorrow.
Most 0845 and 0870 are free, depending what package you are on? any time or Evenings and weekends.
There is currently a query on some 0845 numbers, on another thread.
Calls are free up to 59 minutes, then ring off and redial
most of the info was here http://www.plus.net/packages/broadband-calls/
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI tomxlisa,
We normally request to keep the number with Sky but if you let me know when you've signed up I'll put a note on the account saying you'd prefer not to keep your number.
Jojo Smiley
tomxlisa
Grafter

I may just keep my number, i was only asking just to see, but i have been told there is a charge for a new number, is there any special circumstances where the new number wouldn't be charged for?.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

it's only possible if you've gone through the nuisance calls procedure, and only in certain circumstances would it be free. Smiley
tomxlisa
Grafter

It is ok i don't mind keeping the number i already have. Smiley