cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Home - new phone line

Tony_mad

Moving Home - new phone line

Hi,

It says in the moving home guide that if you need to have a phone line put in, it'll cost £49.99.

I am wondering how this is managed. Will an engineer come to my flat and install the phone line?

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Moving Home - new phone line

Hi there @Tony_mad first of all a warm welcome to the community forums.

If there's no line we can takeover or restart at your new address, then we'd need to arrange a new line installation for the fee you've mentioned, which is usually on an appointed basis so the engineer would need access to your property.

Once we place the order we'll be able to confirm this.

If you haven't called us about your move already, once you have a confirmed date, I'd advise to get in touch with us on 0800 013 2632 (Selecting option 1, then option 1) - you'll get straight through to our House Moves team.

I hope this helps you.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Tony_mad

Thank you for the prompt response.

The thing is that I have already moved and paid these 49,99 GBP + 65 GBP and nobody has come here to install the new line but I received the confirmation we have the line and the broadband ready.

How did you manage the new phone line? We lost one day waiting for somebody to come.

Have you wrongly charged me the fee?

Thanks 

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I'm sorry to hear this. Sad I'll check this out for you once I'm back in the office on Monday.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Thanks for your patience @Tony_mad

I've looked into your account and I can see we just restarted the stopped line at your new address which won't have required an engineer. I apologise you weren't notified of this. I've now issued you with a refund of the £49.99.

You should see this back on your card you used to pay the fee, this week.

If you have any further questions please just let me know.

Tony_mad

Thank you Anoush

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

No problem, apologies once again that this wasn't picked up upon until you let us know. If there's ever anything else I can help with please just let me know.