cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to highlight a vulnerable customer??

oldnickb

How to highlight a vulnerable customer??

I am astonished. My 96 old mother has a fault with her line. I have just had to argue for 20 minutes and the advisor has had to get "special Permission" from a manager to report the fault and has only been able to do it as a line check shows the fault is outside the house because of Data protection.

Since when did data protection stop a vulnerable customer getting some help? I am fed up with people quoting Data protection as a reason for rotten service.

My mother is 96, still lives alone but is suffering from the onset, albeit at an early stage, of dementia. Her phone is an essential as she is housebound.

How can I get it flagged that she should be treated as a priority customer?

5 REPLIES 5
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: How to highlight a vulnerable customer??

Really sorry to hear that.

If you can PM me her username or landline number I can advise further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
oldnickb

PM sent

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@MatthewWheeler wrote:

Really sorry to hear that.

If you can PM me her username or landline number I can advise further.

@MatthewWheeler,

Does Plusnet not have a published policy such as this one - http://btplc.com/inclusion/ProductsAndServices/ServicesfromBT/Otherservices/index.htm - see "Protected Services Scheme" and "Free Priority Fault Repair Scheme"

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

oldnickb

Rather disappointed that two weeks after supplying details by PM as requested I still haven't had a reply.

My mother's line crackles like mad yet it seems to be impossible to get anything done. Short of driving 300 miles to speak to somebody from my mother's house what is the solution?

Is it beyond anyone to provide any customer service nowadays?

Oh for the days when anyone could report a fault and it was fixed, usually within a couple of days.

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note:

I have flagged this up for a member of staff to look at.

Edit: Bare in mind it is the weekend so may not get picked up till Monday.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still