Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller display displaying incorrectly

pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Caller display displaying incorrectly

This is very poor of PN support.  Assuming that your ticket has a reference to the issue also being present on 1470 they ought to be pushing back to BTOR on your behalf rather than accepting the inconvenience to you on this fools errand and the delay in resolution.
As I said, this isn't going to get fixed unless it gets escalated and it's going to need someone in PN to champion your cause to do so!
Best of luck Smiley
picbits
Rising Star

Can you zip the audio file then add it as an attachment ?
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Good call. That did it, thanks  Grin
picbits
Rising Star

If you want me to give you a ring so you can record my number on 1471 (I'm with PN on the phone as well) it may be handy as they can then see two customers of theirs testing this out as proof.
PM me your number if so - I'll let it ring a couple of times (no need to answer as I'm only on evenings and weekends so it will cost me lmao).
Dom
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

I am only recording the first 3 digits of the area code as the voice always starts "telephone number, double zero", etc. I can pm you my number and give it a go, won't answer (promise ;)), but I thought PN to PN was free anyway?
Mark
picbits
Rising Star

I gave you a call at around 22:20 - apologies for the delay but I've been ripping out the kitchen this afternoon !
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: Marksfish
I have to hope that on the day a BT engineer turns up and wastes my time that the number which previously rung had the problem (not every number has this issue).

MArk,
I suggest that this is a key piece of information - for clarity are you saying that your issue is only seen in respect of specific phone numbers, it does not happen on all numbers?
If this is the case, then I suggest that you need to make the number known to PN, as this all rather hints at issues related to routing of ported numbers or possibly management of VoIP calls.
Recently I have been getting spam phone calls from a spoofed Kingston-upon Hull number; sometimes it displays as 01482... and on other occasions as 001482.
I have drawn the conclusion that the spurious additional zero (making it look like an international number) is a facet of the call routing, not final delivery to the subscriber's line.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

picbits
Rising Star

I had a spam "foreign" call the other day - very very bad English trying to get me to sign up with a PPI claim.
It initially came through as "International" then quickly changed to a seemingly UK number. I wonder how they are managing to spoof numbers here.
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: DomS
I gave you a call at around 22:20 - apologies for the delay but I've been ripping out the kitchen this afternoon !

Ironically, your number displayed and was replayed correctly  Sad
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: Townman
I suggest that this is a key piece of information - for clarity are you saying that your issue is only seen in respect of specific phone numbers, it does not happen on all numbers?
If this is the case, then I suggest that you need to make the number known to PN, as this all rather hints at issues related to routing of ported numbers or possibly management of VoIP calls.

It is not all numbers, but I cannot record all of them. The numbers are all correct and as expected, except for the extra 0 at the beginning. One call was from my Spanish bank, (not spoofed), one was from a call centre about my insurance (not spoofed) and another from a mobile number. Some nunmbers that are still in my phone (area codes only) are:
00034 (international)
So quite a mixture of numbers!!
Mark
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

Don't think BT and CS are taking this seriously now.
BT wish to send an engineer to your premises to further investigate your home phone fault.
BT operate 2 timeslots for visits. These are AM ( 0800-1300) and PM (1300-1800), Monday to Friday
Please provide 3 timeslots you could attend and we will book the appointment for you and contact you to confirm when the engineer will be visiting.
Please note if an engineer visits your premises and is unable to gain access or If the fault is found to be caused by your equipment, internal wiring or as a result of damage to BT equipment a charge of £50 will apply. 

Really? This is a voice fault, not a internet fault. Jumping through hoops for a service that the phone line was not designed for is one thing, but it was designed for voice calls. Seriously getting aggravated now  Angry
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Mark,
For identification of area codes, you need to give the 4 digits following any zeros.  The last digit might separate mobile operator / number ownership.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

00034664 (international)
Although it looks like all mobiles, there are other landline numbers too , but as they are known to me and picked up correctly in the caller display handset, I can't say which ones are also a part of this failure.
Mark
picbits
Rising Star

Want me to give you a quick ring from my mobile ?
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

No thanks, I think I have enough mobiles in the list  Smiley
Mark