Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller display displaying incorrectly

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Caller display displaying incorrectly

Sorry about that. I didn't give them a nudge, it could have been Kat, or possibly faults picked as normal.
BT have actually got back to us, (not finding a fault) having looked at the exchange.
I presume it's been checked and still happening?

Main Fault Location EX (Fault located at exchange (BT Wholesale side of MDF))
Fault Code: ESF (Calling/Network Feature Fault)
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
picbits
Rising Star

This could do with someone putting a DSO on the customers line, capturing the CLID waveform then shoving it up BTOR's bottom !
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

I've no idea what a DSO is  Crazy
Yes Tony, still happening today. Last number was a mobile, but it is not restricted to them. I did have an audio file, but it can't be uploaded to the forum.
picbits
Rising Star

Sorry - digital storage oscilloscope. It stores electrical waveforms - handy for proving a point sometimes Wink
I had an issue with BT on my Grans line many moons ago which they refused to acknowledge until I hooked a scope up to the line and offered to show them the signal that came through when the phone rang ..... After bypassing the foreign call centres, someone at BT took me seriously and sent an engineer out who then found four different faults between the house and exchange.
If one could capture the signal from your line and show BT that they have an issue then they may stop and listen !
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Unless Adam / Chris see this tonight, I'll 'reject the clear' tomorrow. They'll want appointment times though (M-F, 8 while 1 or 1 while 6), so if you could update your ticket with suitable times, I should be able to get something sorted for you soon.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

I don't  see how a home visit will solve anything though. It isn't a line issue, it is an exchange issue. If you dial 1471, the message gives the phone number beginning double 00 and that can only come to my line from exchange level. This is something that has only been a problem since moving from my Sky LLU line to the PN phone system. You will have to give me option times if they insist on visiting as I can't pluck times out of thin air to be off work and wait for a hopeful engineer visit.
Mark
picbits
Rising Star

Quote from: Marksfish
If you dial 1471, the message gives the phone number beginning double 00 and that can only come to my line from exchange level.

Well reminded Marksfish - this is actually a pretty vital part of the jigsaw that *must* be conveyed to BTOR by Plusnet.
It therefore wouldn't make any difference if the phone was connected at the customers premises or directly at the exchange - this must be an equipment fault at the exchange.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

We sometimes need to arrange an engineer, but in this case I've asked that BT look at the exchange for you. I'm told the fault is currently stuck and an "E-response" has been raised to progress it.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

The last time I had the fault the engineers rang from the exchange whilst working. Something was mentioned either by them or by the old ticket  about Easynet, but isn't that what the old Sky equipment used to be? Surely being back on the BT system won't be affected by Sky stuff, unless it is because the line was new and provisioned by Sky originally when we moved in?
Mark
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Hmmm, I wonder...  Undecided
Another case, it seems, of problems with a Calling Feature not working correctly when a customer migrates from an OLO to Plusnet, as opposed to: from BT to Plusnet.
Could there be a commonality here with the 1571 problem discussed in this thread ?
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

The complication may be down to the way number porting works.  Calls made to your number still get routed to Sky (Easynet as was) and they pass the call on to BT for delivery to you.  Ofcom issued a consultation document regarding direct delivery to ported numbers but, as of 2014, this hasn't been put into place:
http://www.btplc.com/Thegroup/RegulatoryandPublicaffairs/Consultativeresponses/Ofcom/2014/Portingcha...
The fault may well be in the way that Sky handoff calls to BT and may just affect calls to a limited number of exchanges.  It is highly unlikely to be resolved if it is still bouncing around the basic BT support processes.  It needs to be escalated within BTO I would think before it gets anywhere...
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

Hmmm, that's not looking good. I was of the understanding that my Sky installed line would become a BT held line when I migrated across to PN. I was full LLU with Sky. I didn't realise the call would still initially go via the Sky network, a bit like call diversion, it shouldn't even really touch their network. If porting my number from Vodaphone to Orange, i'm sure my number moves directly to the gaining provider, not via the original. If I were to move to Talk Talk (God forbid) in the future, that would potentially mean the call going from Sky to PN to TT, wowzers!!!
Mark
Bud
Grafter

Quote from: Marksfish
If porting my number from Vodaphone to Orange, i'm sure my number moves directly to the gaining provider, not via the original

Mobile porting the number still is allocated to the original network so it does go via them
dick:green Quote fixed.
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

I didn't realise that. Every day is a school day  Smiley
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

My ticket has been replied to and they want to send an engineer (with the usual threats of £50 fees if a fault found in my equipment). I have turned the tables and also offered that if the engineer attends and doesn't find a problem with my equipment, I will also levy a fee, bet that is challenged!! As the recorded voice is giving me the same information direct from the exchange, I hardly think my connected handset is going to make a difference!! The ticket system will not allow me to add the recorded files I have made of the anomaly, so I have to hope that on the day a BT engineer turns up and wastes my time that the number which previously rung had the problem (not every number has this issue).
A bit fed up now  Angry
Mark