cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi unstable Hub One

p_r_kelly

wifi unstable Hub One

Hi support,

I've had a Hub One for a couple of years now; recently upgraded to Fibre Extra, but have noticed a lot of dropped connections on most wifi devices - this has become increasingly regular over the past few months.

My wife and I work from home over VPNs; and constant interruption to skype calls etc. is not accpetable.

Lately, the number of router reboots we're having to do to establish a stable connection is becoming unacceptable.

Is there a newer router you can supply? ( an improved Hub One X is the latest model i think? - we currently have a "Hub One")

Could you also please verify our phone line is working as expected? ( when fibre is working, I am seeing speeds of >50Mb/sec, but this instability is becoming a major problem)

Many thanks,

Paul

3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: wifi unstable Hub One

Hi there, the Hub One is the latest model that we supply, I've never heard of a Hub One X but it sounds good Wink

I've just tested your line it looks to be stable and no signs of any faults or other issues:

image15808234038319

it sounds like you would benefit from making a few changes to the router's wireless settings, in particular changing channels and splitting the 2.4ghz and 5ghz frequencies. 

The guides here show you how to do that:

https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/getting-the-best-wifi-signal/            

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Making-5-GHz-have-separate-SSID-with-the-Hub-One/td-p/134955...

Please give that a try and do let us know how you get on. 

Moderators Note: Fixed image

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
p_r_kelly

Thanks Adam,

will give that a go and get back to you,

thanks for verifying the line too.

cheers,

Paul 

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482