cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using 2 Plusnet hub ones.

dimillar

using 2 Plusnet hub ones.

sorry i dont know all the correct terms. I've got 2 Plusnet hub one's and want to know if it's possible to connect them together so that I've got ethernet connections and better WiFi signal covering my whole place. I've got one a stupidly long ethernet cable I use to connect them any distance apart in my place if needed. just want to be able to have one hub in my sitting room and one in my pc/games room at the other end of my home.
3 REPLIES 3
Marketman
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: using 2 Plusnet hub ones.

I use a BT Home Hub 5 with my Hub One (which is very similar to the Hub 1) in exactly that way.  If you search the internet for using the HH5 as a repeater or wireless extender and follow the instructions (I followed a YouTube video), the only thing that is different with mine is the BT account name which needs to be  PlusNet within the Hub.

Marketman
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

.....should have also added that lights keep flashing on the Home Hub 5 (can't connect to internet - it is connected to Hub One's internet so no direct connection), but it still works fine.

PeterBirt
Grafter

Hi, 

I setup mine in this way. I posted a guide at the link below.

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Using-a-2nd-Plusnet-Hub1-as-a-Wireless-Access-point/td-p/138...

Hope it helps