cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

turning off wifi on the plusnet hub one

FIXED
auroracurtain

turning off wifi on the plusnet hub one

hi, i'd welcome tips for turning off the wifi on the hub one. 

i have the system in my home wired in for ethernet connection, as i am concerned about health effects of wifi,  reference https://www.iarc.who.int/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/pr208_E.pdf

i occasionally wish to turn on the wifi, but default is off.

the hub one was supplied to me by plusnet in 2022 when an older plusnet router stopped working.

following the instructions i switched off the wifi via the advanced settings/ wireless router page.  this made a red light for the wireless broadcast symbol come on (and remain on) on the router.   I assumed for some months therefore that wifi was turned off.

However, I was recently gifted a mobile phone, and while setting it up, the phone picked up a wifi network with the same name as the network ID on the back of my plusnet hub one router (the same router whose wifi is supposed to be off.)  I entered the wireless password from the back of the hub one router into the mobile phone and it connected.  There was no doubt that the router was broadcasting the wifi signal even when set not to do so, and with the red indicator light for wifi being off.

Is there a work-around I need to know, is this a known problem with this router, a one-off faulty unit?  I'm unsure what I need to do in order to achieve the goal of not having a source of wifi in my home.

2 REPLIES 2
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Re: turning off wifi on the plusnet hub one

Fix

The Hub one has twp wifi bands , 2.4ghz & 5ghz. Its possible you only disabled one and ghe otger is still enabled. There are two tabbs on tge wireless advnanced settings page , 2.4 & 5 ghz , check the settings on both tabs

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

auroracurtain

Re: turning off wifi on the plusnet hub one

Thank you.