cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

router wi-fi issue

FIXED
soarecelegica

router wi-fi issue

Hello. We`ve just replaced our sky service with plusnet. There is a problem with the router, every time we try connecting the bluetooth on our audio system internet on wi-fi drops to 0. We`ve tried with 3 laptops and with our phones, Every time a bluetooth is on wireless stops working. With the other router we never had this problem. Can you help? Thanks !!!

11 REPLIES 11
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: router wi-fi issue

If you've a new PN HubOne router try restricting wifi to transmitting on one band; does that help.?

Additionally try changing channel, having checked channels in use by neighbours using facility such as inSSider 3 app.

Never heard of this before as the B Tooth frequencies are deiberately on different spectrum to wifi.

southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Strange. I'm sure I remember reading Bluetooth uses random chunks of the 2.4Ghz band at low power so as not to interfere with anything else.

As suggested above try changing your WiFi channel or try using the 5Ghz band as I don't beleive Bluetooth even operates in that band.

soarecelegica

on 5ghz my laptop doesnt work, only my phone, also tried other channels still same fault. i`ve ordered another router and i will link it to lan from the hub one router. if there is another solving please help. thanks!!!

soarecelegica

i just bought an belkin nb450 router. will this work with plusnet?

Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

It might not be your router. I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro laptop, and both wifi and bluetooth work fine..but NOT when both are activated together, When I asked in local 'fix it' shop he said it's the way the laptops are set up at factory level. When I switch on bluetooth, the wifi drops down or I lose wifi connection altogether.

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@soarecelegica

I cannot find a "Belkin NB450" using those words searching Google. Can you provide a link to the supplier's webpage and then people maybe able to help you more?

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really? Is used the same phase and got to this.

http://www.belkin.com/uk/support-article?articleNum=4990

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Belkin N450 DB

I searched for the exact phrase which didn't match Smiley

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Maybe a typo crept in somewhere?

Assuming this is the router http://www.belkin.com/uk/support-article?articleNum=4795 it appears there is setup software you can download to help you configure the router.

Not sure if you're on ADSL or FTTC but if ADSL it should be as simple as just providing your PlusNet credentials and on FTTC you would be looking to make a PPPoE connection with your credentials.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@soarecelegica

PlusNet have always been happy for customers to use 3rd party routers and provide the settings required at

https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/broadband-connection-settings/

Brian

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Fix

The Belkin N450 DB router does not contain any kind of modem, so it can only really be used as a wireless access point, by disabling all its router functionality, and connecting a LAN port to a LAN port on the Hub One.