cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

router login

garycr007

router login

i am trying to change setting i my router but when i try to input the password it says 404 page not found , any help appreciated 

3 REPLIES 3
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: router login

Moderator's note:

Topic moved from 'Fibre Broadband' to 'My Router'.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @garycr007

Firstly, I would recommend factory resetting the router by holding a pin or paper clip in the reset hole until the light on the front goes green. Once complete allow up to 15 minutes for the router to reconnect then try logging in again here with the administrator password on the card that came with the router.

If you are still unable to log in, please try connecting to the router with an Ethernet cable and if possible using a different web browser.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
terumikami

Connect with a cable and if you cannot log in, reset the unit to factory default with the reset button, then just look online of in your manual for the default gateway IP, user ID and password. Then reconfigure the settings as you want. You should use different non-overlapping channels for the main router and AP, the same SSID and security passphrase and the devices will select the stronger signal (at least they should). If you have an unidentified network problem with Windows you can use the policy editor to fix it quickly.