cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with new router

jan616

problem with new router

We are trying to install aplusnet hub one router. We are using windows 10. Have managed to connect to the internet. We then need to enter the password in settings but we cant open the list of available networks. We are not very computer savvy. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: problem with new router

i am not sure I understand what you are trying to do

Are you connecting to the internet via wireless on the Windows 10 machine or wired

Either way when you say available networks do you mean available via wifi or your local network

azc
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

If you are trying to connect to the router wirelessly, in Settings click on Network & Internet, then click on Show available networks

Alternatively :

In the task bar (last line of screen) hover your mouse pointer over the icons to the left of the time&date, one of those will be for the network, click on it to bring up the list of networks

runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

You should find a small card tucked into the back of the hub one  router with your routers own wireless Network details printed on it . If you're trying to connect a wireless device such as a computer, laptop, tablet or phone select the network that corresponds to the details on the card in your device network setup and then enter the wireless password Printed on the card. If that doesn't work then I'd suggest that wireless connectivity isn't available on your device, either because it is turned off or because no wireless system is installed. Not all computers have wireless connectivity built in and you may need to connect via Ethernet cable instead. 

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

@jan616 Have you managed to get this sorted?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team