cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

port forwarding for house alarm

haooyyyyyyy

port forwarding for house alarm

my alarmfitter was unable to connect my house alarm to my router. if it is connected to my router then when the alarm goes off, i get notified and can control my house alarm from my iphone.

my alarm fitter was told that we cannot do port forwarding using a plusnet router. however, i have been told by plusnet agents that we can do port forwarding but they wont give me any advice over the phone.

the alarm fitter needs to:

enable a tcp port 1001 to device com wifi. this needs to be attached to a 'device/program' on the router. he also needs to reserve an address in dhcp settings.

can all of this be done and how does he do it? thanks

3 REPLIES 3
MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: port forwarding for house alarm

I don't think you can reserve a dhcp address but he should be able to give 192.168.1.253

If the alarm is active the router won't give it out

Post forwarding can be set up, not on the router at the mo but in the advanced menu there is ability to create a new service tcp port 1001 give it a name and map external to the static ip you use above.

If that doesn't make sense I'll try to grab a screenshot later!
haooyyyyyyy

Hi. You are right. I dong understand this. The Alarm fitter just needs to use port forwarding so that the alarm can send messages to my Iphone etc. Thanks.
MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

Hi

This should help

https://community.plus.net/t5/Gaming/Plusnet-Routers-and-Port-Forwarding/m-p/1307973#M17456

Same instructions just different post and device to forward too.