cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

non plusnet router login help?

doop

non plusnet router login help?

hi

i have just moved from BT to plusnet and on BT my login details where bthomehub@btbroadband.com and anything as the password.

on plusnet is there a a similar one ie plusnethubone@plusdsl.net and anything as password?

i am using my own router, i know that i could use my own username and password but it seems more secure if my router and my login details where different?

i noticed in the plusnet hub one username was setup@plusdsl.net could you use that?

thx

3 REPLIES 3
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: non plusnet router login help?

Have a look at the sticky at the top of this forum, there are instructions on how to set a BT Homehub

Just make sure you follow the instructions, particularily the username format.

markhawkin
Pro
Fixes: 12

@doop

To connect to the Plusnet network, your actual account username (in full with the @plusdsl.net) and password are needed.

For the Hub One and other Plusnet supplied routers the router is associated with the account so will automatically connect. Any third party supplied router needs your account details.

I am the satisfied customer....
NorthPole
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

@doop wrote:

i am using my own router, i know that i could use my own username and password but it seems more secure if my router and my login details where different?

doop, the advice given by markhawkin will enable you to connect to Plusnet. However, I am wondering if you are actually talking about a login and password to set up the router itself - for that anything will do (many people use 'Admin' and a password of their choice).