cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no wifi signal

pb123
Dabbler

no wifi signal

i am confused. I have good internet connection. I have an extender wired via (electric)sockets which is working fine. But I have no wireless signal.  what could be the problem?  I spoke to Customer Support and they offer no advice or solution.

8 REPLIES 8
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: no wifi signal

Which router do you have and how are you checking for wifi signal

Does the device you are using to check the wifi show other sources or non at all

pb123
Dabbler

Thanks for this - I have a Technicolor router supplied by Plusnet. All lights are on. the device (my mac and iPhone) show this (plusnet)router but not connecting by wi fi. I can connect with Ethernet cable so the router is working but not the Wi fi.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

If you can see it via wifi but can't connect the first assumption is that you haven't set up the correct security protocol on either the router or the devices and equally possible you aren't using the correct security password

pb123
Dabbler

to be honest nothing has been changed in 2years - it just happened suddenly from one day to the next, its not a new set up - can these settings/protocols suddenly just change themselves? 

OldKit

I have exactly the same problem after positioning the router 2704n (the so called "PlusNet Hub Zero") at the entry point of the telephone cable into the house in order to improve the upload and download speeds. I the ran the newly purchased (yellow) internet cable from the router to the computer (in another room) and the signal is fine. But I have no WiFi and 20 plus minutes to the Plusnet help line did not resolve the issue, other than they suggested that the router had fault and I should spend money to get another !  As I could see no reason why it had suddenly developed a physical fault, not having dropped it, I am still trying to find the answer. My son (B.Sc. (HONS.) Computation from U.M.I.S.T.)  also thinks it is physically damaged. I empathise completely with you in this matter and will continue to try to resolve the matter.

pb123
Dabbler

ket me know your progress.

But it remains - who can i turn to for advice to fix this.  Plusnet custmer service told me that they can't. ?

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi @pb123,

Have you tried to change the wireless channels on your Plusnet router? If you haven't then you can see how to do this through this link here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfsC30sQxXw&list=PLZx9FPn3_-IUjbbUJ_9Q2XeXb42z9oTve

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Have you tried a WIFI analyser app on your phone ? just to check wifi is  available

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .