Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 11 unable to connect to wifi

gypsyreiver
Dabbler

iphone 11 unable to connect to wifi

HI,

Second post in a week....

we have multiple iphones (3) in the house and (iphone 11s) and they have all intermittantly been unable to connect to the wifi,, unable to join network.

tried rebooting the phone, forget networks etc. only thing that fixes it is rebooting router which i dont want to do often....

i've read other posts on splitting signal between 2.4 and 5 but this router does not allow this option.

what with precious errors (too man stas) and now this not a happy start to what should be simple basic broadband!

regards

router is 

F@ST2704N

9 REPLIES 9
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Re: iphone 11 unable to connect to wifi

2704n does not have 5GHz wifi so that’s not that problem.

How long is it since the router was restarted,

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@gypsyreiver 

I understand that there is a limit of 16 devices that can connect to a 2704n. If you are exceeding this number complain to Plusnet and ask for it to be replaced with a Hub One, see https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Is-there-a-12-device-limit-to-connected-devices/m-p/1653014#...

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

gypsyreiver
Dabbler

Thanks, Plusnet what is process for receiving a new hub, this has happened every day this week, not sure if the router is keeping a history, I can’t believe it’s 16 concurrent devices.

Son rebooted router last night but not a solution since the line will be throttled if router keeps getting rebooted
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

The router being restated once a week is not going to be a problem. You’ve not advised how many Wi-Fi devices there are.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

gypsyreiver
Dabbler

Hi,

Probably no more that 6 devices at any one time, given it’s ADSL it can’t really handle many. Whether they are active eg someone using them I don’t know.

Regards
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Being able to connect to Wi-Fi (the router) and having a usable connection are not the same issue. Exactly what are the symptoms you see? Does the phone report no internet connection on the Wi-Fi connection or does the phone fail to connect to the Wi-Fi?

Try telling the phone to forget the connection and then connect again.

gypsyreiver
Dabbler

Hi,

I’m not sure I ever said they were the same issues? I worked for BT for 10 years so have some basic understanding how networks work. Putting that aside…the error is “unable to join the network” , seems the same as an earlier issue with an iPhone 6 in this forum . I’ve changed the ssid and channel, and rebooted which has forced a reconnect. Simply forgetting the network or rebooting the iPhone did not resolve the issue.

I will screenshot it next time it happens
Kind regards
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Ah thank you for the clarification. Unable to join the network sounds like either the wrong Wi-Fi code or the phone is not able to acquire an IP address … which points to a DHCP issue.

On the Wi-Fi settings in the phone, when the device is in this state, what IP address do you see in the network details (press the i).

Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from ADSL Broadband to My Router.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still