cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone Reconnection issues

Jeannella

iPhone Reconnection issues

Every time I take my iPhone (iOS 14.4.2) out of range of the hub it won’t reconnect automatically when back in range, citing ‘incorrect password’. I have tried all fixes suggested online but the only remedy is to restart the router which is getting tedious. This is a recent problem and to my knowledge nothing has changed in terms of phone, router etc. Any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: iPhone Reconnection issues

@Jeannella I know you have said you tried all the online fixes, but have you, while at home and connected to your Wi-Fi , tried totally powering down the phone, waiting a couple of minutes and restarting it? Apple products occasionally get their internals in a twist, and a soft boot fixes a lot of them. Welcome to the forums, BTW.

John
Jeannella

Thanks John . No I hadn’t tried resetting while successfully connected. I’ve now done that and will wait t see what results!
J
jab1
Legend

OK. If that doesn't work, rather than rebooting the router, tell your phone to 'forget' the network, and then let it rescan for available networks. Continually rebooting the router will eventually result in the Dynamic Line Management tool reducing your speed, in an attempt to rectify in what it will see as an unstable line.

John
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@Jeannella - this sounds like a known issue.

I have pushed a software update to your hub that should help. You'll need to power the router off/back on to apply the update.

Hope it helps.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

jab1
Legend

Oh dear, and here's me blaming Apple.🤣

John