Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6 won't connect to wifi

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: iPhone 6 won't connect to wifi

I've spent a fair bit of time on this and nothing really seems to point at a confirmed fix Huh

Some have, like you asked, allocated the device with a static IP

Some have following info like these:

http://osxdaily.com/2014/03/01/unable-to-join-the-network-error-ios-fix/

http://osxdaily.com/2014/02/13/forget-wi-fi-network-ios/

One interesting thing seems to be a setting on various routers.... some have gone from 802.11 b/g/n to just 802.11 b/g and it fixed it. I guess the 2704n has this setting? Might be worth trying on b/g. You can always switch it back if it still doesn't connect.

@Beedis007 Just to confirm - did any or all of the devices connect fine before the iOS update?

Beedis007
Dabbler

Hello,

This morning I thought... I have had enough, the phone is under warranty and I want it sorted... so I went down the local Apple store and after asking all their questions and I providing my answers... they replaced the phone FOC (because it’s still under warranty).

The guy in the store came up with the ip of the IPhone is conflicting with the home router for some reason (but he had never seen this specific issue before).

I’d like to thank DS and Jab for helping/assisting with the issue, but unfortunately I don’t think it could be fixed and I will never know (as Apple have the phone now)... unless my new phone starts to play up as well (fingers crossed, it doesn’t).

Regards

P.S. They all connected apart from the phone in question.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@Beedis007 Glad you have got it sorted.Thumbs_Up

I think the Apple guy just didn't want to blame a dodgy phone - so far as I know (and could be wrong, so don't quote me), it is highly unlikely for your phones IP to be anywhere near your routers', even thoogh you do have quite a few devices connected.

Your thanks appreciated.Smiley

John
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

they replaced the phone FOC (because it’s still under warranty).

That would have been my last option to suggestRoll_eyes

The guy in the store came up with the ip of the IPhone is conflicting with the home router for some reason (but he had never seen this specific issue before).

I would say that's unusual, but plausible...

I’d like to thank DS and Jab for helping/assisting with the issue

Hey @Beedis007 it's been my pleasure, that's why I'm on here, trying to help my fellow customers out;)

but unfortunately I don’t think it could be fixed and I will never know (as Apple have the phone now)... unless my new phone starts to play up as well (fingers crossed, it doesn’t).

If the new phone is working, it could possibly have been the phone, or iOS12, that caused all this. Hope it says connected!!

(if the unthinkable happens, you know where we are:))

(got the last bit too)

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @Beedis007,

Thanks for getting back to us here on the forum.

I'm pleased the issue has been identified and (sort of) resolved although you are right you won't ever know fully.

Thanks to @DS and @jab1 for providing their insight and advice.

Let us know if you need anything further.

Thanks - LF