Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hub one firmware update?

louie_the_cat
Dabbler

hub one firmware update?

hiya my routers firmware  appears to be very out of date

Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.237.2.2 | Last updated 04/08/17

i belive the updates have to be pushed through from plusnets side, if thats the case can the latest firmware be pushed through please. thank you in advance for any help
4 REPLIES 4
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Re: hub one firmware update?

Hi @louie_the_cat , thanks for your post and WELCOME to our Community.

Are you currently experiencing a technical issue that you believe a firmware update will fix?

The reason I ask is that we'd of course want to resolve any problem before we start messing around with the firmware.

louie_the_cat
Dabbler

my router has quite bad latency spikes on wifi and some wifi drops, the internet also comepletly drops (goes orange) occasionally ,maybe once or twice a day sometimes not at all but is rather annoying when gaming. (although the full internet drops might not be the router, the latency and wifi drops are)

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @louie_the_cat , thanks for getting back to me.

I've run tests on your line and I'm able to see several drops in connection, although our testing isn't showing us what's causing the issue and so we're going to need to do a spot of troubleshooting to start ruling things out.

I'd recommend starting with basic checks here.

And if that doesn't help the next thing would be to rule your internal wiring out by plugging the connection into your test socket which is under the faceplate of your master socket and seeing if the drops stop. This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here.

If the problem still persists from here, you're able to raise a fault here to enable our faults team to begin further investigations.

Please let us know how you get on.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@louie_the_cat, I've pushed the latest firmware update to your router.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵