Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

firmware 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 changelog

gazzawazza
Hooked

firmware 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 changelog

hi

Just noticed that my router updated its firmware on the 27 march 2019 (i noticed this because I've not had an update for just ages and the firmware date stamp has unequivocally changed).

My router log (filtered on "boot") shows 3 different firmware versions though there's something screwy with the log order (the date stamps don't make sense).

Anyway, please could the changelog for the firmware get posted?

I'd like to know what's changed.

Also, I've noticed a speed drop (probably about 1-2 mb on download), so want to establish whether that's due to the new firmware.

Thanks,

Gary

7 REPLIES 7
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: firmware 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 changelog

Hi @bobpullen

Could you please advise whether we have a changelog for the firmware update that can be viewed by @gazzawazza?

Best wishes

Dave

rnedwards

@RandallFlagg - did we get any information relating to the changelog? 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @rnedwards

I've raised this with our products team although I'm not confident we'd share this information publicly.

As soon as I know more I'll let you know.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
gazzawazza
Hooked

@rnedwards wrote:

@RandallFlagg - did we get any information relating to the changelog? 

No.

and I wouldn't hold your breath - it's taken nearly 3 months for no response to @RandallFlagg's request.

And apparently according to gandalf, it's a secret.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@gazzawazza wrote:
and I wouldn't hold your breath - it's taken nearly 3 months for no response to @RandallFlagg's request.

I do sincerely apologise for the very delayed response.

This isn't actually what I said, I wasn't confident we would share the information publicly.

The firmware version above was rolled out to include a wireless driver patch to fix an issue causing the router to crash particularly where legacy Kindle devices are on the network.

Hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
gazzawazza
Hooked

@Gandalf wrote:
@gazzawazza wrote:
and I wouldn't hold your breath - it's taken nearly 3 months for no response to @RandallFlagg's request.

I do sincerely apologise for the very delayed response.

no worries. Nice that someone recognised the slow response.

This isn't actually what I said, I wasn't confident we would share the information publicly.

The firmware version above was rolled out to include a wireless driver patch to fix an issue causing the router to crash particularly where legacy Kindle devices are on the network.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Gandalf. Obviously the "secret" comment was frustration being expressed. Equally well, I'm not sure what else one would call potentially a deliberate choice not to share pertinent information with users. A changelog is useful information at least, and possibly critical, in a troubleshooting scenario.

And if people had been experiencing crashes with kindle devices, the changelog might well explain everything if crashes ceased to occur. It's just helpful info for people.

Regards,

Gary

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Gary

No problem, I get the frustration this caused. As far as I'm aware from discussing this with our products team(On the back of this thread/before my previous reply), we're happy with sharing the reasoning behind a new firmware version if you ask us.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet