Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cheap Plusnet fibre compatible routers?

AsylumSKP
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

cheap Plusnet fibre compatible routers?

Looks like I'm going to need to get an alternative router to the Hub One which I can't get to work on LAN with my consoles. I don't need wifi (existing mesh so router wifi will be disabled) so am simply after as simple a router as possible with 4 LAN ports which can be configured to work with Plusnet Fibre. Any suggestions? What features should I be looking for as some of the cheap routers in stores don't seem to have DSL line ports?

4 REPLIES 4
Captain_Chaos
Hooked

Re: cheap Plusnet fibre compatible routers?

you say you can't get it to work with the consoles, what issue do you have? 

AsylumSKP
Dabbler

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@AsylumSKP 

My first recommendation would be a BT Smarthub 6 but I guess the jury might be out whether they have the same problem.

Any third party manufacturer of combined ADSL/VDSL modem/routers should do the job.

Don’t fall into the trap of thinking that all you need is a router, you need the modem bit as well.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

AsylumSKP
Dabbler

"Don’t fall into the trap of thinking that all you need is a router, you need the modem bit as well."

Yup, that's why it is quite challenging to find a compatible one online. Smarthub may well be the way to go. Quite why my last Plusnet router worked (but is now recycled) and why the new one doesn't is a mystery.