cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing adsl router

ajcleaver

changing adsl router

I wish to change my Plusnet router for a tp-link Archer 750   ... I should like to know if there are any issues (I am not a techie!)

6 REPLIES 6
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: changing adsl router

Are you on ADSL or Fibre ?

Ah! must read more carefully , I see you say adsl router.Sad

You need to make sure that the new one is a combined modem/router

I think the C2 model is just a router whereas the D2 model is a modem/router.

If you're going to change it, then you might want to think about future proofing and go for one that is Fibre compatible as well.

There's a good list here http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php?topic=14436.0 with details and some reviews

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ajcleaver

Hello... I am on ADSL..

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Yup , realised that and updated my post.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ajcleaver

It is a combined modem/router, the chances of Fibre in rural Norfolk is remote in the next few years!!!  my best download is 2.4Mbs... 

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

It is a combined modem/router

In that case there shouldn't be any problems. You will just need to configure it with your PlusNet username and password.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Aye, that should be fine. The connection details you'll need can be found here: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/broadband-connection-settings/

Let us know if you run into any issues.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet