cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant get into my router using ip, using windows 10?

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: cant get into my router using ip, using windows 10?

Not a very good answer (as I'm worried about DLM getting involved on your line) but have you restarted the router recently?

I had one router which would every now and then, just stopped responding to requests to the admin page and I had to reboot the router to free it up. I also remember several TPLINK routers had an issue if you didn't log out of the router pages, they would never let you back in either until after a reboot.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
scoobydoo1
Grafter

I will try rebooting the router again later to see if that changes anything (altho I cant see it as ive tried it already) if that doesn't work ....

I think I'll just go back to windows 7 lol, windows 10 seems to be more trouble than its worth at the moment

Anonymous
Not applicable

@scoobydoo1 - I'd be inclined to try what @SpendLessTime suggests and power cycle your router / modem. The connections works so it's worth a try. If you do turn it off, leave it off and go and make a coffee then turn it back on. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

scoobydoo1
Grafter

yeah I will do, thanks for all your help , I will let you know if it works later on... or not as the case maybe lol

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

It's not a known Windows 10 issue, I've been using it since official release (and before!)

I do notice that you are running an old version, try using Windows Update to catch up.