cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would replacing my Plusnet 2704N ADSL router help prevent internet connection drops?

aryankanse6

Would replacing my Plusnet 2704N ADSL router help prevent internet connection drops?

Just moved to rural Somerset in the UK where DSL bandwidth is around 5 Mbps down. I know I have to live with that but the daily dropped connections is getting old. I have to reboot the router at least once a day. John Lewis (Plusnet) provided the router and I know it's about as cheap as you can go. Would a better router make a difference? I have a smart Android TV and Win 10 NUC hard wired to it and have TV connection problems too. Any recommendations on a router?

2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Would replacing my Plusnet 2704N ADSL router help prevent internet connection drops?

@aryankanse6  Welcome to the Plusnet  forum 

Reading between the lines are you a JL not Plusnet customer? If so you will still get help here from Plusnet users but you might find any account related help from Plusnet staffers unavailable.

If your slow speeds and drops are on the DSL input then a different router is unlikely to help. The 2704 Wireless performance is dire but the modem section works fine.

If you are with JL and it is a DSL problem then I’m afraid that you will have to take it up with them.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

EdWeasley
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Re: Would replacing my Plusnet 2704N ADSL router help prevent internet connection drops?

Hi @aryankanse6,

Thank you for taking your time to get in touch.

I am very sorry that you are having a problem with our service. Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed. In the meantime, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net.

Kind regards,

Josh

Josh Berriman
 Plusnet Help Team