Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working from home, need to show Cyber Essentials compliancy

MW2
Hooked

Working from home, need to show Cyber Essentials compliancy

Hi

I work from home and need to tick some boxes for my employer so that he can win a local government contract. I contacted technical support and they could answer none of the following. Hoping someone here knows the answers Smiley

I have a onehub with the fibre to premises trial.

1. How can I change the wireless password / key? I have changed the admin password.

2. Is it possible to change the admin userid i.e. not have the insecure 'admin' name?

3. How do I find and block the services advertised to the internet?

4. I can't imagine that anyone has access to the configuration of my router settings except me, how do I confirm this?

Many thanks, let's hope we can help an SME win this contract.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Working from home, need to show Cyber Essentials compliancy

@MW2, are you sure that you are allowed to use a residential router for this? I would have thought that you would need a commercial grade offering such as a DrayTek.

In addition to this the FTTP Trial is (IINM) a residential product as well so it may scupper your chances here. I may be totally wrong but maybe you should double check the criterion needed to comply.

Also what exactly do you mean by your item No. 3?

MW2
Hooked

Thanks Mook. I shall look into the residential / commercial router question.

Re: question three, this is the wording from the self-assessment

"Have you configured your internet routers or hardware firewall devices so that they block all other services from being advertised to the internet?"

The services referenced are described in this question "Do you have any services enabled that are accessible externally from your internet routers or hardware firewall devices for which you do not have a documented business case? "

MW2
Hooked

Just to clarify the point raised by @Anonymous. Residential Services and routers can be compliant with Cyber Essentials. Both the BT and Plusnet onehub have the correct options and configuration to make this possible. Thank you for your help @Anonymous and @bltb who told me how to change my wifi password in a different post. https://community.plus.net/t5/Everything-else/Wifi-Password-Change/m-p/1668263