Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless connections dropping

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Wireless connections dropping

Thanks, as we seemed to have ruled out software/firmware as a potential cause, we could try a replacement device if you like?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

ejnallstars1
Dabbler

Hi there,

Would that be a replacement router then? And if so, would I be charged for this?
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @ejnallstars1, I have responded to your query in regards to getting a new router via a ticket on your account which can be found here.

Apologies if this has been asked or cleared up already, but it seems it's mainly the PS4 causing the loss of wireless on several devices when it turns on as opposed to other devices. Can I ask, is the PS4 positioned very close to the router? And if so, have you tried locating the router away from such devices which could be causing disturbance?
Also, is the router plugged into it's own plug socket as per design or does it share a extension socket with the PS4?

Let us know how the new router goes and if the issue persists if you could let us know a little more regarding the above questions as it may hold the answer to the problems you're seeing.

ejnallstars1
Dabbler

Hi there,

While the PS4 is the main culprit in this issue, other devices have also triggered it. A PS3, and an Xbox One have also triggered it in the past, but definitely not as often as the PS4.

The PS4 isn't located particularly close to the router, and there aren't any devices near the router that could be causing a disturbance. The router itself is plugged into its own socket, and doesn't share any extensions.

Thanks a lot for your help. Hopefully the new router fixes the issue, and if there are any issues with the new router I'll be back in touch.

Thanks again.