Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Repeater With Plusnet Hub1

Marketman
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Wireless Repeater With Plusnet Hub1

Just joined Plusnet, was with BT and use a second hub as a repeater for wifi as where router is positioned wifi does not carry through house. Everything was working ok with HH5 as repeater with Plusnet Hub1 until today (think BT might have done something!). Might be time to buy a proper repeater? Powerline adapters don't work in our house, so 2 alternatives - make HH5 work with Plusnet hub or buy a new repeater (recommendations?)

6 REPLIES 6
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Re: Wireless Repeater With Plusnet Hub1

The Plusnet hub one is basically a rebadged BT hub 5a so the first thing to check is that they have different IP addresses (they are probably both set as 192.168.1.254)

Marketman
Rising Star

Yes you are quite right they both have same IP address, the problem I am having is that I can't get into the HH5, connected to the Plusnet Hub doesn't work and just connected with an ethernet cable to PC the hub won't let me in to change settings. So basically I can't access hub settings, it won't factory reset when it is showing fault (flashing/ steady orange) so I am stuck.The one thing I haven't tried yet is to replace Plusnet Hub with HH5 just while I get into it (will have to wait until tomorrow now), I assume that might work?

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

How are you accessing the hub to change the settings? All you need to do is connect it to your PC using an ethernet cable and enter it's address in a browser (192.168.1.254)

You can do the same with both.

Marketman
Rising Star

The HH5 won't let me into the hub manager using this IP address or any address even just with ethernet cable connection, just says no connection (or something similar), and it won't let me do a factory reset. Orange light is on all the time and broadband light flashing

Marketman
Rising Star

Right finally got into the HH5. I switched the HH5 off and switched on again while holding in the reset button. I have changed the IP address and removed the BT site reference on the Home page and replaced it with the plusnet.dsl sddress with my account name infront of it. I have also made chances to the wireless settings etc as per a video on Youtube (but this was for using 2 HH5s connected together). Everything works except my wireless broadband speed from the HH5 keeps fluctuating between 2mbps and 26mbps, have I done something wrong? The HH5 is permanently on Orange light with brodband light flashing, which I suppose is correct.

Marketman
Rising Star

.....just to add the wired connection to a different PC is a steady 26mbps.