Did you mean: 

Will Hub 1 work on an ADSL line?

FIXED
Cagney1994
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Will Hub 1 work on an ADSL line?

Hi all

As the thread title states, would the Hub 1 work without any problems on a standard, non-fibre, ADSL line? - And is it a case of 'plug and play' just like the Hub 0 (and the TG582n previous)?

Would PN also provide one free of charge (apart from the P&P) when it comes to renewing standard BB?

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Will Hub 1 work on an ADSL line?

Fix

As the thread title states, would the Hub 1 work without any problems on a standard, non-fibre, ADSL line? - And is it a case of 'plug and play' just like the Hub 0 (and the TG582n previous)?

Yep, and it should be plug and play providing the router is ordered from your account. [Basically, the details of the router from the account would sync to the automatic setup TR069 management system].

Would PN also provide one free of charge (apart from the P&P) when it comes to renewing standard BB? 

I don't think so I'm afraid, but it may be worth discussing that with Customer Options on 0800 013 2632.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Cagney1994
Rising Star

Sorry to bump up this thread but I spoke to PN earlier today and they said the Hub 1 will not work on a standard ADSL line.

Can someone definitely clarify?

Thanks.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Yep it will work.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
materialman
Rising Star

Yes. I have just connected one of these today to my ADSL line. Works fine

Hawklord
Hooked

I was told earlier today by a plus net technician on their helpline that ASDL will not work on my new hub one! This is contrary to what the sales person said. I've tried 2 new hub ones, neither work although the old plus net hub is fine. I've been asked to wait until fibre is connected on 19 Jan. I'm concerned as if it doesn't work then it's too late to cancel order and I've lost time going to another supplier. By the way I'm told the fault is the hub is not in sync with the exchange - whatever that means.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

It will work. What is probably happening is that it is not automatically picking up your user name and password. You need to go into the router settings and set it manually.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Hawklord
Hooked

Thanks for your reply Baldrick1. Will I be able to manually get into the router settings if it's not connecting to the broadband? Sorry if this is a silly question. Also, will I need to re-set it again when fibre is connected.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Basically Iin the address bar on a web browser (not the search box) enter 192.168.1.254. This should open up the router Admin log in page. Enter the password which you will find on the label fixed to the router. This should allow you to gain access to the router settings. You now need to find the log in details. If this is set to something like tr069@plusdsl.net then you change the tr069 part to your username. This is the same name as you use to log into the member centre. You then enter the password you use for the member centre and click connect.

Once it's connected it should transfer automatically to fibre.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Hawklord
Hooked

Thanks again - will try in the next day or two.