cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi router not working after blackout

beamish71

Wifi router not working after blackout

Hi everyone.

So here is our situation, an engineer came to our house to install a new smart meter, but when doing so we ended up with a blackout for a few minutes.

When the electricity was back up and running our router and wifi just wouldn't start working again.

So I had to do a factory reset on our router.

But since then the connection drops from time to time and the signal is really week and the speed really low.

Apparently connecting to the internet using a wired connection is fine.

Could it be that our wifi router is somehow no longer functioning properly?

Can I request a wifi router change from plusnet? Will I have to pay for a replacement?

5 REPLIES 5
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Wifi router not working after blackout

LOSS OF POWER In this situation shouldn't cause that, unlike power cut during a storm where power spikes can occur.
Suggest you change your wifi channels via the Router's web page; also try turning off the 2.4ghz channel (assuming you've a PN HubOne), to see if that assists.
beamish71

Thanks Gel I'll have a look at the different links you provided as well as the different procedures you suggested.

Thank you for your input!

beamish71

The actual model we have is a TG582n, thought I should mention it but I forgot.

bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

If you think you still need a new router, you can contact Customer Options on 0800 013 2632.  They will usually offer a free router if you recontract. You may have to pay postage.

https://www.plus.net/help/my-account/thinking-of-leaving/

ADSL customers get Sagemcom 2704n Hub Zero.  Fibre customers get the Hub One (rebadged Home Hub 5)

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Just picking up on what Gel said maybe when your router rebooted it came back on on a different channel to the one you had been using so well worth experimenting with changing the router channel.