cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi keeps dropping

Mrsw88

Wifi keeps dropping

After joining plusnet we have always had intermittent signal, after some advice we split the frequencies to split the devices. This hasn't been successful, its constantly dropping for a short time and coming back on again - often resulting in having to resort to using data on devices instead.
I've also noticed recently that when using my phone it often says IP address cannot be reached (this happens for many websites, not just one), it tends to work again if I reload.

Can anybody advise on what may be the issue?
8 REPLIES 8
Tibzor
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 25

Re: Wifi keeps dropping

Hi  @Mrsw88

Sorry to hear that. It is possible that issues you are experiencing are down to this known problem.

Can you please check if you will still have same problems once you will follow guide from 1st post of this thread?

Please accept apologies for this inconvenience.

Mrsw88

Thanks, upon looking at the thread I am on that firmware.  

I looked at disabling the 5GHz but looking at our connected devices, they are all 2.4GHz (I've attached photo) - will turning this off make any difference?

2020-05-07.png

Orwell
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Hi Mrsw88,

Thank you for your messages, and I am sorry to note the inconvenience.

In the interests of data security, I have replied via private-message.

Best Wishes

- Ken

Ken Bryant
 Plusnet Help Team
Mrsw88

I dont seem to have a private message
Mrsw88

I have today reset the frequencies then split them again, upon attempting to connect some devices to the 5GHz it keeps saying incorrect password.  It's not incorrect as I have the password on the Hub manager screen.

I had disabled the 5GHz for a while today, it didn't have any effect. 

More often we are getting the message 'this site cannot be reached', it often reloads eventually, not ideal! 

I am glad the test showed all is well, but this issue has been ongoing since February.  Working from home and childrens school work is becoming increasingly harder.  I am at a bit of a loss on what to do next.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @Mrsw88 

I'd recommend carrying out the steps explained Here to change the 2.4GHz wireless channels and with regards to the 5GHz it may be worth posting in the thread Here as we might be able to push out another firmware version to you. 

I can see my colleague has ownership and he'll contact you shortly regarding this. He opened a support ticket on your account here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=201496383 he'll pick back up.

Moderators Note: Corrected link

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Router

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
weststreet78
Dabbler