cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi keeps dropping out

Januaryflanuary

Wifi keeps dropping out

Hi,
I've been with Plusnet just over a month now and their wifi signal has been consistently poor. Its becoming unworkable. I can't do any video call for work and even loading a simple Web page is impossible sometimes! It's has dropped out 3 times today. The router is plugged into the master socket and I have powerline adapters as well. Could these be causing the issue?
5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Wifi keeps dropping out

@Januaryflanuary  Welcome to the forum.

You say that you have poor WiFi then say that you use powerline adapters. So is it the Plusnet WiFi that you are having trouble with or do you have a powerline wireless unit giving trouble? Alternatively do you have two problems causing the confusion?

It would help if you started by describing your set up and how you are using it.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Januaryflanuary,

I'm sorry to hear this is the case. I've tested your line this evening and although the connection speeds are towards the lower ends of your estimates, I haven't detected any underlying faults. I think @Baldrick1 raises a good point in regards to the OP - are you connecting primarily over Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable when experiencing these issues?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Januaryflanuary

Thanks for your replies. The issues are when over WiFi. The powerline adapters are for the freeview box and seem to be working fine. I was just mentioning them in case they might be connected.
I can supply times today when it fell over if that helps?
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks a lot for your response @Januaryflanuary - and for confirming that the issues you're having centre around your wir3ed connection. It's quite tricky to fully diagnose a wireless connection, as the factors that effect the connection differ from one customer to another. These include the number of devices connection, where the router is situated, wireless bands, WIFI channels etc. There's a few things we can advise though:

1. It might be worth connecting only to the 2.4GHz wireless band, as we're aware of a few issues with the 5GHz.By default, your router automatically decides which wireless band to connect each device to. To stop this from happening, please have a look at the following article by clicking here

2. We also offer help on our Community Page for boosting your WIFI connection, which you can find here

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Router

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'