cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi keeps dropping out and router restart only works for a while

halfmanhalfbike

Wifi keeps dropping out and router restart only works for a while

so far today i have refreshed my wifi settings several times and rebooted my router 3 times and each time the wifi signal comes back but then after a while it suddenly degrades to intermitent and then nothing at all. It sometimes shows in the devices as being present with good signal but if i try to connect to it i get a bad password error. my two iPhones seem more sensitive to the issue than my windows laptop but after a while all 3 devices lose the wifi all together. The wired connection to my desktop PC seems to still work.

WIFI comes back when i restart the router and sometimes comes back after just clicking refrsh in the wifi settings but it then goes again after a random period

Could my router be failing because of its age? (about 3 years old)

1 REPLY 1
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Wifi keeps dropping out and router restart only works for a while

Hi @halfmanhalfbike, I am very sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your WiFi.

It sounds like you may be experiencing an issue with the 5GHz wireless frequency as outlined in the thread here.

I have provided some steps on how to separate the 2.4GHz and 5GHz on your account here for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team