Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi disconnection issues

FIXED
DanielRW
Hooked

Wifi disconnection issues

Hello,
The last few months I had problems with my plusnet one hub disconnecting my new smart clock I thought the clock was faulty at frist until my phone randomly disconnects and just errors out connecting. Then my Google chromecast with google tv (what a name) has the same issue. Resetting the the devices somtimes fixes this but pressing the "restart" button seems the only consistent way to fix this. Now my laptop also failing I left constantly having to reset to get things reconnected.

Looking to see if other channels have interfered and sure though there loads all on channel 6 and guess where my hub was... I moved it and it stayed for a few days then for reasons beyond insanity it jumped back to 6 with all the other Wi-Fi(s). I have since turned off the setting which picks the best channel and it stays but still getting issues. Also weirdly nothing uses the 5gz. Yes it's on and devices will connect to 5gz but jumping on the 2.4gz. So, what I'm asking is my hub broken or is there a fix?
5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Wifi disconnection issues

Fix

@DanielRW  Welcome to the forum.

A few things to try:

1. Separate the 2.4 and 5 GHz channels. Use the best. See https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/2-4ghz-and-or-5ghz-best-practice/m-p/1351966#M840

2. If the 5 GHz channel is giving problems then join this thread:  https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Hub-One-5GHz-WiFi-issue/m-p/1696363#M15510

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Fibre Broadband to My Router.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
DanielRW
Hooked

@Baldrick1  Thanks for the suggestions,

1. I have now separated the 2.4gz and 5gz, everything on the 2.4gz is fine. The 5gz only my phone briefly managed to connect before getting a "authorisation problem". Two offer devices just refused to connect.

2.as mentioned in point 1. 5gz seems completely broken so I will be joining that thread. 

thanks for your time!

DanielRW
Hooked

I have received software Patch Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.289 and all seems to be fixed.

Moovrr
Hooked

I'm having similar issues with wi-fi dropping out on my Sony smart TV with Android OS and a tplink range extender.
Is it possible to get the same firmware update for my router?