cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi cuts out with Technicolor 582n

Franco99

Wifi cuts out with Technicolor 582n

In the last week, my wifi has cut out intermittently, several times a day.  The signal strength is good when it works, and I have tried changing the channel.  I have googled the problem and searched the forum, without finding a solution that a non-tech can understand.  Please can someone tell me what I do next?

11 REPLIES 11
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Wifi cuts out with Technicolor 582n

When the connection cuts out do you get any particular error?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Franco99

No error notice other than 'wifi connection lost' when I am watching internet TV (all 4) and when using my phone at home when I lose the wifi icon..

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

OK and have you had these issues before where the signal has dropped out?

Franco99

Not that I have noticed.  I have just recently started to watch internet TV, which is when I most often see it happen and when it matters most..  In the past when it happened less frequently, I just turned the router off and on again after a short wait.

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

OK can you run these quick checks for me from this link and then let me know how you get on after please http://goo.gl/BZE3NM

Franco99

The link takes me to the broadband trouble shooter, which only deals with the broadband signal.  My wired broadband signal is good to my desktop, it is the wifi signal that cuts out from time to time.  Did I miss something in the link?

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No that was just just to check if it was the router it's self or just the wifi on it's own. Have you tried to change the wireless channels on the router?

Franco99

I changed the channel about a year ago and connectivity improved.  I regret to say that I have forgotten how I did it.

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

OK if you take a look at this link, it goes through the guide on how to change the channel for your router https://goo.gl/x2JQ0r

Franco99

Thank you for that.  I have changed from channel 1 to channel 11 and will try others if necessary.  You guys are a real help.

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No problems and just let us know how you get on and just get in touch if you need any further assistance