Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Issues

kerr75
Hooked

Re: Wifi Issues

Thank you for that. 

I will keep you posted on how things are.

kerr75
Hooked

Hi,

Been using the new router since Thursday and initially it was going well - but only after not syncing with the 5Ghz. Today, however, is a different matter. There are no problems with the blue light on the box,  but the signal on my laptop is indicating that there is a strong signal but nothing is happening. I've tried different channels, even the ones identified as best from the wifi analyzer app. 

Speed tests are ranging between 1.22Mb and 28.52 on 2.4ghz - the second result after restarting the router. I have just tried to load something on netflix and it took 2 minutes for the programme to load but the picture is blurred and it buffers after about 10 seconds. 

Can you advise? I'm really not happy paying what I am with the speed I'm getting.

Thanks

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @kerr75

I am sorry to hear that a new router did not resolve the issue and that you are still experiencing an issue with your wireless. There are a few things we would ask to try in order to improve this. 

There are numerous things that can interfere with your connection, Can you advise if you have anything similar to the items below close to your router;

-Cordless phones

-Baby monitors 

-Bluetooth devices 

If so please can you turn these off temporary and see if there is any improvement.  

If there is no improvement and the issue is occurring on more than one device, we would ask you to turn off the devices one by one until you are left with just one connected. We would ask you to monitor the connection for a short period after each device is turn off to see if there is any improvement there. Should the connection improve after turning off a device, then we can assume it is this device using up the bandwidth. 

Please let us know how yopu get on. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
kerr75
Hooked

Thanks for your reply.

I can confirm that there are none of those devices anywhere near the router. 

I can also confirm that there is still an issue even when only one device is connected, as I was at home alone today and trying that with my phone, laptop and nowtv stick. I will continue to check that though.

When I reset the first router, that did appear to clear up the problem for a short time. 

I also have to go into the Plusnet access control on a daily basis to reset the time I want the wifi to go off/on and sometimes it adds random devices to be turned off at different times.

I am looking to switch provider, but would prefer not to have to pay a large bill for a speed/service I'm not getting. Although I have been told by plusnet that you only guarantee the speed to a wired device, I have also been told that that should only affect the speed via wi-fi by about 10%. It is also difficult to have a wired connection with the laptops in the house.

Thanks for your support so far. 

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @kerr75

Are you still able to login to the Hub One admin page whenever the connection issue occurs? Also for testing purpose, would you be able to connect a PC/Laptop through an Ethernet cable whenever you get the issue to make sure there is no underlying line issue?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
kerr75
Hooked

Yes, I can still log in when it happens. Nothing ever shows that a connection has dropped or that anything is wrong, pages just don't load. 

The speed test now has just shown 38Mb, but an hour ago was 17Mb but nothing has changed with regards to devices using the connection.

I will monitor with an ethernet cable to an old laptop I have, but when I spoke with a different agent for another company on the phone earlier, he said there were no issues showing on the phone line.

Thanks

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Let us know how things go @kerr75 whenever you get the chance to especially with testing it with an Ethernet cable.

Faris
 Plusnet Help Team