cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi - I don't have any since joining Plusnet!

kbryant
Grafter

Re: Wifi - I don't have any since joining Plusnet!

Just to note it isnt just my ipad otherwise we could say it is my device.
It is my ipad, samsung laptop, work lap and samsung mobile phone.
None can connect
Gintas
Dabbler

I still thinking that poblem is related to others routers and that stupid "automatic" channel switching. Maybe you can check how many routers/devices in your router range using 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz channels?

You can do it with "wifi analyzer" app

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @kbryant,

Thank you for confirming that this is affecting all of your devices, I'm very sorry for any inconvenience that this is causing.

I'm sorry if I've missed this when reading through the conversation, but have you tried testing on a wired connection? If so, did you experience the same issue or did it connect okay?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

@EmilyD 

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Wifi-I-don-t-have-any-since-joining-Plusnet/m-p/1649036#M127...

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

kbryant
Grafter

Evening All,
Just returned from a 2 week holiday with hope my wifi issue may have improved - unfortunately not, i still dont have any wifi on my devices 3 weeks on.
Plusnet pretty much told me before i went away that as i have a connection through ethernet and phone line is fine, wifi issues arnt really their fault and it can be the area i live so not guarenteed and nothing they could do, nor would they release me from my contract without paying £200+. But i could try buying a wifi booster!

So i find myself with a new 18 month contract of which i cannot get out of, no wifi since joining plusnet when it was previously fine and pretty much hitting a brick wall with any other options.
(& i have spent hours trying out every option suggested on here believe me).

So without letting my frustration & anger in this situation wind me up any more - i have purchased a wifi booster which should arrive in the next few days (yes i spent money on it NOT plusnet).

I have managed to get hold of a unopened BT modem previously suggested to try on here from a family member.
Please can you advise if i just disconnect plusnet one and install this the same way? Or do i need to change any settings to ensure it is compatible?

Gintas
Dabbler

Wifi boosters are snake oil. If you want good wifi you should buy (wifi) access point and maybe power line adapter if you want wifi in another house area without cable. Plusnet hub one as router and modem combo is not bad, so you don't need another modem and router unless you want dsl overkill setup like Vigor 130 + edgerouter x + uap ac lite

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @kbryant and welcome back - I hope you had a great holiday.

Having read through this thread, I genuinely don't feel that there's much else I can suggest that hasn't already been covered by my colleagues and/or community members.

Just one point to note though - when you're setting up the BT equipment, if it's one of the Home Hubs, you won't need to link it to your Plusnet Hub in any way - it operates a stand alone device.

You will need to change the username and password in the router's internal menu which we'll be able to offer you guidance on - just let us know which make/model of the router you have and someone will point you in the right direction.

Thanks

Dave

kbryant
Grafter

It says BT Home Hub 2.0 on the box
If you could advise what i need to do after plugging it all in that would be helpful, thanks
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @kbryant

Having done some research, it looks like the HH2 will need a separate fibre modem to connect to the a fibre connection - it does not have this functionality out of the box as it was designed primarily as an ADSL router.

Although I can't offer any advice on how to set that up directly, I'm sure one of our community will be able to offer some guidance and I don't expect it will take long for that to happen.

I'd recommend watching this space for further information.

Good luck

Dave

kbryant
Grafter

Just like to finish my thread by saying i have moved back to BT (dont they own Plusnet?) And day 1 of connection no problems with wifi what so ever!!!
So its the area that I live is a load of rubbish - the only issue has been with Plusnet.
Yet you are still trying to charge me nearly £200 for leaving my contract for a service i have never since joining plusnet 2 months ago!!! Crazy and unbelieveable.... great customer service!
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting back to us @kbryant.

I'm glad to hear that the issue with your Wi-Fi has been fixed by swapping provider.s

Unfortunately, as per our terms and conditions, we can't guarantee wireless connectivity so any early termination charges would be applicable

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team