cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Dropping on 2704n router

jokers

Wifi Dropping on 2704n router

Hello,

I seem to be having exactly the same issues as highlighted with the 'hub one' router.Wifi dropping  so that connected, but no internet appears. However I have the more basic service.

I'm often getting messages that wifi quality is only 63 percent and I'm just in the room next to router. Please can anyone advise what to do to fix this as completely unmanagble to be signed out of zoom 3 times on a call yesterday as this problem is not just a bad connection, but no connection.

2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Wifi Dropping on 2704n router

@jokers 

This review from five and a half years ago(!) now tell you all that you need to know about these hubs https://www.expertreviews.co.uk/plusnet/1403635/plusnet-hub-zero-2704n-review, especially this paragraph:

The router's 2.4GHz performance was lacklustre at best. With our test laptop’s built-in 802.11n wireless adaptor we saw speeds of just 3.9Mbit/s at 10m, dropping to a positively crawling 2Mbit/s at 25m. These are some of the worst speeds we’ve seen from any router.

Spend about £20 on a BT Smarthub 6 from an auction site. They work on both ADSL and fibre and provide far superior dual band WiFi. Setting instructions are here:  https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Using-the-BT-Smarthub-6-on-a-Plusnet-Account/m-p/1587673#M85...

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jokers

Re: Wifi Dropping on 2704n router

Had just concluded that and now awaiting at BT business hub 6. Fingers crossed that's the solution. Really terrible service with Plusnet thus far. ' A switching problem led to 23 days without supply. No heads seem to know why and now I have service - but only on paper! I've never had such issues with wifi! 18 months till I can leave!