Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Dropping Out

unicorn09
Hooked

Wifi Dropping Out

First time posting!

Like many people, we've been WFH the past couple of weeks and, since then, our WiFi connection has been really unstable.

We have a laptop, a PC and three mobiles connected to it. If we switch the laptop and PC on first thing in the morning, they will connect to WiFi and stay connected all day. If we switch them off or re-boot them, it's a real problem trying to get them to reconnect to the WiFi until around 8PM at night.

The WiFi connection for the mobiles is dreadful - the signal is constantly dropping out 24/7 and has resulted in us using far more data than we would usually as it drops out mid-video call or while watching a YT video and then switches to 4g without us realising.

I don't think that the internet connection to the house is the issue. I've got an Ethernet cable and when we can't reconnect the PC or laptop to the WiFi, we've been using a wired connection which has worked fine.

I have been with Plusnet for over three years and haven't had a new router during that time. The WiFi connection has been flaky on the odd occasion in the past but if we switch devices to aeroplane mode and back again to reconnect to the WiFi, that generally sorts it. At the moment though, that doesn't resolve it.

Does anyone have any advice please?

2 REPLIES 2
unicorn09
Hooked

Re: Wifi Dropping Out

My router is a Plusnet Hub One - Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 Last updated 07/03/19

unicorn09
Hooked

Re: Wifi Dropping Out

Is anyone able to help me please?