cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Dropping / Cannot connet more that 4 devices / All PlusNet fixes Done what next

JaceyHowlett

Wifi Dropping / Cannot connet more that 4 devices / All PlusNet fixes Done what next

Hello 
I am Having Wifi Issues ,,,,,,,,,,,,, Sad
And have been having Issues for some time.
Silently i have looked on your Forum for the answers and Applied the fixes.
Split the Wifi 2.4 GHzand 5GHz Changed the Channels on a frequent basis.
Router should be upto date below 
Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 | Last updated 09/02/19
Despite the hours of general reading some forum blog where you seem to play pass the parcel with fixes.
and never really resolvingf issues,
Mainly Customers have to resolve there own issues.
I need a Wifi Fix or do you not guarantee a Wifi Signal.
This account should have a decent paper trail clearly showing Customer feed solutions.
FixMyWifiPlease.com 
Give customers the service you state

4 REPLIES 4
JaceyHowlett

Re: Wifi Dropping / Cannot connet more that 4 devices / All PlusNet fixes Done what next

No Plusnet Help ???????
A Customer posts a question and the responce time is ????

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Wifi Dropping / Cannot connet more that 4 devices / All PlusNet fixes Done what next

@JaceyHowlett 

Plusnet do not and cannot guarantee the quality of a wifi signal. There are two issues at play here. The first is firmware problems that have been ongoing for months. The other is local conditions. There is no immediate magic solution.

If you have split the bands, tried both and changed channels with no success then your only option is to try another router. Many of us have bought a BT Smarthub 6 from the likes of Ebay for very little money and find that it works better. If you go down this road you will find the setting instructions in the second topic on this forum board.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

It's dependant on completely local issues - so there is no fix suits all.

You could try a free mobile app which will tell you what wifi signal levels you are getting in your neighbourhood.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @JaceyHowlett

Thanks for getting in touch - my apologies for the delay in responding to your post. It's worth noting that our social media channels aren't an instant response platform, but we do obviously respond as quickly as we can.

In terms of your wifi issue, @Baldrick1 and @VileReynard have covered all of the bases that I would have suggested - I agree that there is no easy or magical fix for wifi issues which is why we cannot guarantee wifi connectivity.

I would initially suggest getting hold of a wifi analyser app as VR has suggested as they will help you to optimise your connection (in conjunction with changing the wifi channels) without the need to acquire a 3rd party router.

Best wishes

Dave