Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi speeds slow and high pings

danwmar

WiFi speeds slow and high pings

Hi there,

*I'm not sure if this is the right place to write about this*

I've been having a strange problem with the WiFi performance and the router in general (Plusnet 2704n). I've the standard ADSL broadband package (not fibre).

Randomly the WiFi speeds and ping performance will drop considerably, making the internet almost unusable. The signal strength is perfectly fine, and it has same the performance even when testing this next to the router. The wired performance also seems to be affected slightly as well.

The problem seems to be fixed after I turn off the router and wait 30 seconds to turn it back on again. I initially thought it might be to do with peak time, however, this has happened even late at night or early morning (and doesn't stop till I reset the router).

The problem also seems to be more persistent now, and it seems very clear that the router is the cause of the problem.

Hope anybody can help with my issue.

Kind regards,

Dan

4 REPLIES 4
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: WiFi speeds slow and high pings

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Router.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
danwmar

Here is the speed test when the problem occurs

danwmar

This is the wired performance when the problem occurs (slight speed drop)

WillF
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 22

Hi @danwmar - Thanks for contacting us about your Wi-Fi, check out the help and support page here https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Blogs/How-to-boost-your-wi-fi/ba-p/1450193

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will
 Plusnet Help Team