cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi signal in the rest of the house is appauling, plusnet router issue?

k2

WiFi signal in the rest of the house is appauling, plusnet router issue?

Hi all, looking for some help on the awful WiFi signal with our Plusnet router. We moved to Plusnet from TalkTalk and installed Plusnet's supplied router. The WiFi signal on the new router is awful compared to TalkTalk's the minute I go upstairs the WiFi drops to one bar. As we never had an issue with our previous suppliers router I'm guessing it's the Plusnet router. Can anyone suggest a fix? I've checked firmware and it looks like it's up to date, I've re-set the router and it's plugged into the main phone socket, it's positioned on a table on it's own away from any other electricals etc. 

Thank you in advance! Smiley

3 REPLIES 3
h2owalters

Re: WiFi signal in the rest of the house is appauling, plusnet router issue?

Hi Newbie. I have been with Plusnet for 10 years now and whilst their routers are not the best I have found that they are comparable with BT routers, in most locations , which are not quite as good as 3rd party routers, buy your own for around £150 for a top of the range one. I assume your Talk talk router cannot be reset to work with current setup; the option is to buy a set of ie TP Link type devices which use the mains circuit, like ethernet cable to pass the signal to a different part of the house where the 2nd device can transmit the strong signal via wifi or ethernet link to your device if preferred. I have used this system effectively so that I have a useable signal in the whole of the house and most of the garden (1/2 acre). All I can say is I am surprised you find there Plusnet router so much worse. HHav you tried to talk to technical people at Plusnet, prior to covid I found problems, the few I have had, sorted quite promptly via web chat or telephone cnversations Good luck

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Router

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@k2 

I'm not familiar with the TalkTalk router but if it's not "locked" then you can use it on PlusNet. The settings required are on the PlusNet Help pages.

The PlusNet HubOne is a re-badged BT HH5. Many customers buy a BY HH6 off eBay and use that. Instructions for setting it up are in a thread on this Forum.

Brian