cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi login

DanS1
Hooked

WiFi login

I've just signed up to Plusnet and received my Hub One today.
I've set it up as per the instructions, blue light is sat there quite happily. I'm trying to connect my phone to the WiFi and everytime I do I get a pop up saying "Authorise WiFi System touch here for login/authorisation"
I do this and it takes me to the Hub Manager page and I can't seem to figure out what it actually wants/needs me to do. Instruction manual says it should just work?
I've done the reset on the back of the unit, tried leaving it unplugged for 15mins.
Connecting via password or WPS makes no difference. I've even delved into the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz sync and it's made no difference.
Hub Manager screen shows router is connected to the Internet and my phone is connected to the router, but no joy in getting it to work.
If I try and load any website up I get the "cannot be reached" page, no matter what site it is.
Is there something fundamental I'm missing here?
14 REPLIES 14
Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

Re: WiFi login

@DanS1  Welcome to the forum.

Are you entering the wireless password? Is your phone wireless security set to WPA2?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@DanS1 Which phone - make/model?

John
DanS1
Hooked

Morning all.
I've tried connecting via the password on the back of the router and via the wps button.
In both instances the phone says it is connected, but login/authorisation is required.
I'm not sure how I'd check if the phone security is set to WPA2?
The phone in question is an Honor 20 Lite if that helps?

Kind regards
jab1
Legend

@DanS1 In that case, sorry, but I'll leave it to @Baldrick1 (and others). I have no experience or knowledge of Android, or that phone, sorry again.

John
mort7890
Pro
Fixes: 4

Looks to me as if the Hub is not connected to PN yet

DanS1
Hooked

It should be as I've had the email from Plusnet saying my services are ready?
jab1
Legend

@DanS1 Two things.(1) When did you get the PN email? If it was today, it can take up to midnight for all the components of the account to line up properly and allow a full connection.(2) Do you have any other device you can attempt to use to connect to the internet?

John
DanS1
Hooked

I received the email to say my broadband was set up and ready to go on the 11th Jan.
I set the router up on the 13th and unfortunately I don't have another device to try.
jab1
Legend

OK. That is a shame, and, although it's your choice not something I would go for if the only thing I had to connect was a phone.

Having said that, using whatever browser you have on the phone, can you connect to the router and see whether it says you have an internet connection? If you have already established that you have, and said so on here, my apologies - I'm trying to follow a number of threads and get them mixed up.😉

John
DanS1
Hooked

When trying to access any website when showing that the phone is connected to the router I get the following message... This site can’t be reached
The connection was reset.
Try: Checking the connection
ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

I've borrowed a newish laptop (doesn't have any ethernet ports) and I get the same issue. Connects to the router OK, but no Internet present.
Running through the diagnostics on the laptop suggests to reset the network which it does, reboots and is exactly the same.

Makes me think it's something plusnet end rather than 2 of my devices not playing ball.
Edited to add, seems to be near enough impossible to get through to someone at plusnet to be able to help.
jab1
Legend

OK. If you still have the laptop, can you connect to the router and copy the DSL data page . If it is a Hub0/Hub1, I believe you can access this via Advanced>troubleshooter, but as I don't use either router, I'm not 100% sure.

John
DanS1
Hooked

I've taken photos of what I think is it, but can't figure out how to attach them onto here?
I've tried with my new smart TV and that can't connect to the Internet and neither can my parents phone when tried earlier today, so definitely something their end as 4 devices aren't going to have issues.
jab1
Legend

Sorry for the delayed response. I f you have taken the pictures on the phone, copy them to the laptop, then click the icon that looks like a photo )between the 'smiley' icon and the 'video camera' and follow instructions.

John
mort7890
Pro
Fixes: 4

Hi @DanS1 in your first post you say you get a pop up saying "Authorise WiFi System touch here for login/authorisation" when searching for this type oferror I get a problem with your pop up. I believe it should say "Authorise WiFi System touch here for login/authentication"

This can mean that the password you are trying to use on your phone/laptop/TV is not the correct one

Login to your router 192.168.1.254

Go to wifi setting and set a new password and apply

Try again to login