cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi keeps dropping

Dazler

WiFi keeps dropping

Hi, just after a little advice please. I've had a Plusnet one hub for over a year and haven't had a problem with the internet connection or WiFi. Over the last week however, the WiFi keeps dropping out several times per hour. I plugged the sky box in to the hub with the ethernet cable rather than WiFi and that seems fine, the internet connection seems normal, it's just the WiFi. All the devices in the house are connected on the 2.4Ghz channel, there's nothing on the 5Ghz channel that is disabled. While typing this message out, the WiFi has dropped out twice while YouTube is streaming on the TV. Signal strength is good on all devices when it's working. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Darren
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: WiFi keeps dropping

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Fibre Broadband to My Router.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
chips
Grafter
Fixes: 2

I got similar issues this past week and seems to be getting worse ie unbearable. . Fitful connection - have carried out all usual checks and routines. email times out when I ask for download of messages.  Messages are on the server site. Web connections regularly return the "oops we're having a problem finding that site".  No doubt true but unhelpful.  Openreach van visited neighbour this evening - haven't had a chance to ask the why and wherefore.  

Dazler

Thank you Plusnet for the voicemail you left me and for testing my line. The line seems fine, I think I have gotten to the bottom of the problem. After having my sky box updated from standard to sky Q, it appeared there was some interference from the sky Q box. I've changed the channel on the router from auto to 9 and this seems to have solved the problem. I don't seem to have the WiFi dropping after that. Thanks.
chips
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Lots of openreach vans been toing and froing. Faults (plural) found in shared telegraph pole junction. All much better now though possibly playing catch-up. Downloade 800+ email messages this morning where 20 might be normal.

Dazler

I spoke too soon in my update above! Having disabled the 5Ghz channel and trying a different channel on the 2.4Ghz, WiFi has been on and off all day but the ethernet connection is fine. Anyone have any further suggestions? Thanks.